Jervis Bay

Billmack

Targeted species....Kingfish. 

Solo launched at Murrays boat ramp at 6.30 am, went 300m south and got some squid for live bait. 

Motored over to the northern tip of Bowen island and set out two small skirts and trolled past the bommies, instant double hook up of two rats, the school of about 20 followed their mates to the boat. Double hookups are always a bit chaotic solo. I had caught them here a week prior so didn’t need to persist. 

Motored over to the middle grounds looking for bait schools, found zilch, went further to longnose point and drifted one of the squid on a lightly weighted two hook rig for zilch. Went across to point perp and drifted again for zilch, no bait or birds around. 

With no bait sounding up I thought it best to put some food on the table and went the short distance to the flathead grounds and bagged out quickly, using squid wings from prior catches. Most in the 400mm range  

As a last attempt at the kingies on the way back to the ramp I trolled the last live squid across the bommies at the tip of Bowen island....zilch. 

All in all an enjoyable day out for a net 3kg feed of flathead fillets and wings, boat back on the trailer at 1pm. 

27B24C12-FEAF-4E4E-B8B2-C556ED2C049B.thumb.jpeg.c4f97a89e38169d8a2ff4c1b59751bbd.jpeg

• Like 4