Port Stephens- something different

Scratchie

G’day raiders, 

Just a quick report from this morning. 

Was going to head out with Woodsy but a quick change of plans ment I was going solo. So I decided to dust off the yak and drift around the bay! 

Paddled out in great conditions, had an sp drifting behind me and casting a 1/8 3/0 jig with a 5 inch in front. It took a while to find them but once I did a got a few. All around the 50cm size! Great fun and a peaceful morning on the water! 

Cheers scratchie!!! 

022D117E-5A99-4D28-90A1-B3BB3DFC510B.thumb.jpeg.1687c6e419fe9dfbb70e447ab705be56.jpegF9C1ED35-15DC-45CB-A4DC-21EC71464503.thumb.jpeg.ea70fc93bfcb5b47bba0c36c2b794267.jpeg

P.s I didn’t find any buckets or dinosaurs lol 😂I need more practice! 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, GoingFishing said:

Looks like a very relaxing way to spend some time on the water Jeff. I would have kept some flatties for fillets though !!

Generally I do!  But i need to give back to the fish gods so they bless me with some good snapper!!! Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

24 minutes ago, Scratchie said:

Generally I do!  But i need to give back to the fish gods so they bless me with some good snapper!!! Lol

You do realise snapper less than 60 cm are considered "good" by most 😂😂😂 hopefully you get to tangle with some string pullers soon....just leave woodsy at home next time!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/4/2018 at 8:29 PM, Yowie said:

Good work there Scratchie. For a bit of excitement, you need to drop an angry and wriggling flattie in between your legs and try to stop it from spiking your 'jatz crackers'.  :074:

Haha, yep tried that! Keeps you alert! 

On 12/6/2018 at 9:22 PM, jenno64 said:

Good to see you on a real fishing platform Scratchie😁 Nice catch and choice conditions!!

Thanks mate! Cracking day and got a nice drift all the way back so the fuel consumption was pretty good! 

1 hour ago, GordoRetired said:

Released... Well done, but I have a strange thing with Flathead, they are so good to eat I just cant let them go, so long as they are at least over 40cm. 🙂

Cheers Gordon. I also like to keep a feed of flatty and do on most occasions but this day was just merely to wet a line! 

• Like 2