TERRIGAL Jewfish

Pickles

Planning to, head out fishing wide off TERRIGAL on the weekend, the weather had been so crook and past three weeks with heavy rain and big seas so when there was a break on Saturday I grabbed it.

Haven’t caught a Kingie for 3 weeks and went wide on Saturday - perfect conditions, lots of live bait and target species within 1/2 hour and now bag limit is one - stopped fishing for Jews.C4422B98-2360-422C-B60B-85AFC071AC30.thumb.jpeg.488be4eee6e8e0a25246a830da2c48e5.jpeg

• Like 6

Beautiful jewfish mate well done! 

Thats it 1 per person, 70cm. 

I think it's great the size was increased from 45cm.

was it because of commercial fishing? Because I've heard whispers recreational had a bit to do as well..

Cheers, Oz. 

11 minutes ago, Oz98 said:

Beautiful jewfish mate well done! 

Thats it 1 per person, 70cm. 

I think it's great the size was increased from 45cm.

was it because of commercial fishing? Because I've heard whispers recreational had a bit to do as well..

Cheers, Oz. 

Not intending to hijack the thread. Everything that we humans do has an impact on the environment. 

The question is, are the rules that the government put in place appropriately thought out and based on reliable data. With government sometimes public perception is everything and its "whispers" that spread that end up crushing recreational fishing.  The recently withdrawn and ridiculously unfair and extreme leftist marine lock out proposal is a perfect example of how the government reacts to public perception without any real facts.

As a fisho any statement about recreational fishing impacts on fish stocks of any species should be based on facts and research

Edited by GoingFishing
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, GoingFishing said:

Not intending to hijack the thread. Everything that we humans do has an impact on the environment. 

The question is, are the rules that the government put in place appropriately thought out and based on reliable data. With government sometimes public perception is everything and its "whispers" that spread that end up crushing recreational fishing.  The recently withdrawn and ridiculously unfair and extreme leftist marine lock out proposal is a perfect example of how the government reacts to public perception without any real facts.

As a fisho any statement about recreational fishing impacts on fish stocks of any species should be based on facts and research

Yes I understand mate as I've stated "whispers". 

16 hours ago, rickmarlin62 said:

Nice jew  too manyvariables on the fishery to lay blame for bag limt and sizes that are implemented  not that many rec fishos can catch jew on a regular basis to impact on stocks...rick

Yes exactly rick