Couldn't turn a reel.

Fab1

I just got back from a solo trip to the hacking spending an hr or so fishing there for zero sick with the flu.A couple of boats there catching nothing too so it isn't just me.Plenty of bait schools showing and i tried using pilly tails,squid, and salted fillets for not even a bite.

The weather wasn't the best and it was quite windy but i wanted to test my motor after working on it and i must say im a happy chap as she's silky smooth for a 2cy poverty pack.Cut the trip short and headed back home as it started raining and i didn't want to get sicker than i already was.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, GoingFishing said:

Better luck next time Fabian !! 

Glad to hear the motor is purring along nicely.

Thanks mate.In this short video you can tell how nice it runs.It used to hesitate and miss at the same slow speed previously. I can basically troll in gear for as long as i want now and the throttle responce is instant.

It runs even better than when i bought it new and the dealer tried fixing it.

5 minutes ago, masterfisho7 said:

Days like this come to all at least you where having ago

Cheers,it certainly was better than being at work and mulling over being sick at home.Wish i could have stayed out there longer to have a good crack as i wouldn't off even soaked a bait an hour.

1 hour ago, Yowie said:

That's not good. Should have been outside on Monday like me, very angry sea, and worse when the wind picked up. :lol:

I don't like fishing that much mate.You can keep those conditions to yourelf.

12 hours ago, Fab1 said:

I don't like fishing that much mate.You can keep those conditions to yourelf.

I tried this morning inside the Hacking with nippers. 2 whiting, both legal, 2 duskies, both not legal. 1 squid on a nipper. Hardly a fish to see while drifting the flats in various places, even the toads were not hungry.

Glad to hear you got your outboard running nicely, good job!!

In my experience Dealers cant always be trusted to fix issues as there service departments generally look at warranty jobs as a loss and they want them done as quickly and cheaply as possible labor wise, parts they do not care about as they can claim that from manufacturer but labor is a different story.

As for the fishing oh well there is always next time mate!!! sure beats working!

Regards,

Nathan

19 hours ago, Fab1 said:

It runs even better than when i bought it new and the dealer tried fixing it.

Sounds SWEET Fab !! ... but then I love the sound of outboards !  Better luck with fishing next time mate.

Cheers Zoran

15 hours ago, big Neil said:

Glad your motor is running perfectly Fabian. bn

Me too mate.Thanks.

3 hours ago, Yowie said:

I tried this morning inside the Hacking with nippers. 2 whiting, both legal, 2 duskies, both not legal. 1 squid on a nipper. Hardly a fish to see while drifting the flats in various places, even the toads were not hungry.

If your not catching much mate, what chance do I have?I didn't even get the usual small fry,a bite,anything.2 or 3 guys in boats I passed and asked reported the same.

1 hour ago, beginner said:

Glad to hear you got your outboard running nicely, good job!!

In my experience Dealers cant always be trusted to fix issues as there service departments generally look at warranty jobs as a loss and they want them done as quickly and cheaply as possible labor wise, parts they do not care about as they can claim that from manufacturer but labor is a different story.

As for the fishing oh well there is always next time mate!!! sure beats working!

Regards,

Nathan

Mate,sitting there in the boat taking in the scenery is 1000 times better than work.Especially in the upper reaches of the swa and up towards Audley weir if you didn't know better you'd think you were 1000 miles from civilization.

6 minutes ago, zmk1962 said:

Sounds SWEET Fab !! ... but then I love the sound of outboards !  Better luck with fishing next time mate.

Cheers Zoran

Sure does,and after all that motoring I did my fuel tank is almost still full.It drank like an Islander at a free xmas party before.