Port Hacking Monday

Oscarthebeagle

Had Monday off work to watch my middle childs preschool xmas concert. Plan was we would followed up the concert with a fishing trip. Baxter wanted his preschool friend to come along so i msged his dad last week with the offer to take them out in the boat, he initially said no he had to go back to work after the concert. A couple of days later he msg back saying he changed his mind, work can wait for another day and they would love to come fishing.

Lanched about midday from Grays Point and started of pumping nippers, which is always a popular activity.

First cast Baxters rod folded over in the rod holder and screamed out line, he pounced on it before I could offer it to his friend. A good 5min fight later he had it at the boat and in the net.

A new PB whiting for Baxter and at 44cm it may beat his fathers too and pretty good for a 4 year old on 2kg line.

This followed with a few throwback bream and whiting which we shared between the boys. Time for a swim after that in the shallows at lilli pilli, there were heaps of whiting cruising the shallows but with the sun high overhead and clear water they were very wary.

One more stop before home resulted in a legal bream for each boy and a few more throwbacks, a female blue swimmer (released) to the friend and a visit from a big stingray.

Time to head home after that with both boys having a turn driving the boat in the slow zone. 

A beautiful afternoon on the hacking and a much better way to spend our day than going back to work. 

PS. My wife took the fish in to preschool today for the boys to do a combined show and tell.

20181203_181215.jpg

• Like 5

That is a very nice whiting.

I headed outside with a mate on Monday in his boat, south of the bommie. A few small blue spot flatties, but the swell was from the south, a little bit from the east, and back wash from the rocks. Like being inside a washing machine. Very uncomfortable.