Glenbawn

Hill373737

I headed up to Glenbawn on Sunday afternoon - my heart was hoping to get out for a quick fish on Sunday evening but my head said it would be too windy ... and it was. The wind dropped overnight and Monday morning was calm and clear.

The fishing was tough - I finished with one bass in the boat and another lost after 5 hours of fishing on monday morning - nothing on surface lures and HBs around the snags and edges. In the end, the 2 fish were from marking fish in about 9 metres and throwing chatterbaits - I didn't get any interest with HB's there either.

Its amazing how much the water level has dropped since I was last up there in February and March - on of the photos below is a snag I fished back then,  we put the  boat  down through the gap in the trees on the right hand side of the photo, came out the back and up the channel thats left side of the photo. 

Still a great place to fish with amazing scenery - its a lot greener now than it was earlier in the year.

IMG_5194.jpeg

IMG_5190.jpeg

IMG_5189.jpeg

IMG_5192.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, rickmarlin62 said:

Glenbawn is renowned as a feast or famine dam  i had mates fish it two weeks ago an nailed 60 fish in a day on mid dam rises with weedbeds  the snags were dead   nice fotos mate...rick

Hahahahah how big was the gill net - the last blokes that did that there got 10 years jail!

23 hours ago, rickmarlin62 said:

Glenbawn is renowned as a feast or famine dam  i had mates fish it two weeks ago an nailed 60 fish in a day on mid dam rises with weedbeds  the snags were dead   nice fotos mate...rick

I've had a pretty good run - I'm a recently converted freshwater fisherman and this was my 5th trip to Glenbawn this year and definitely the worst result but all part of the learning process.

If I went back again, would definitely focus more on finding fish in deeper water and targetting them - I thought they may have been yellowbelly when I found them so was surprised to get bass.