Solo botany king fest

brett davis

Hit the channel markers at botany this morning at first light , 5 lb of squid and big expectations, well 4 hours of rats 55 to 63 cm ,

71 fish boated . The fun wore off after the first dozen,but keeped tell myself there has got to be a couple of good ones in between them ,

Off the water by 9.30 empty bait box and empty fish bin ,on a positive note ,it would be a great time to get the young ones out there or the novice fisher person they would have a ball and be hooked for life .

off to ice the shoulder,only rats but they took their toll on the rod arm lol

• Like 3

15 hours ago, brett davis said:

Hit the channel markers at botany this morning at first light , 5 lb of squid and big expectations, well 4 hours of rats 55 to 63 cm ,

71 fish boated . The fun wore off after the first dozen,but keeped tell myself there has got to be a couple of good ones in between them ,

Off the water by 9.30 empty bait box and empty fish bin ,on a positive note ,it would be a great time to get the young ones out there or the novice fisher person they would have a ball and be hooked for life .

May not have been your ideal day Brett but I would love to do that. Hope you get what you're after, next time. bn

for the PM guys 

a good work out, fishing two 37kg sticks with 80lb braid and 130lb leader ,or what i refer to as THE COME HERE RODS

the left shoulder this morning still has the pins and needles feeling 🙂

molineaux point is where they are holding, around the green markers.

only cast out 30 feel with a small weight to sink the squid slowly double 7.0 circles ,they will hook themselves .once their on ,use two rods only land a fish when the other is hooked up .this method seem to keep them firing . 

hope the young fellow has fun 

Yep i reckon once you get to 30 in a session you start finding bruises and handcuts popping up, once im in a bunch of rats like that i find it worthwhile to pull in the lines,preserve the bait until a tide change- that will very often make the bigger ones a bit more competitive for a bait. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2018 at 7:08 AM, brett davis said:

for the PM guys 

a good work out, fishing two 37kg sticks with 80lb braid and 130lb leader ,or what i refer to as THE COME HERE RODS

the left shoulder this morning still has the pins and needles feeling 🙂

molineaux point is where they are holding, around the green markers.

only cast out 30 feel with a small weight to sink the squid slowly double 7.0 circles ,they will hook themselves .once their on ,use two rods only land a fish when the other is hooked up .this method seem to keep them firing . 

hope the young fellow has fun 

80lb main and 130lb leader on rat kings....u must have been skull dragging them in !!! 

Great fun nonetheless

On 12/5/2018 at 1:48 PM, brett davis said:

71 kings boated on bait your saying? From sunrise to before 9.30am when you left the water. Is this one person fishing or 10 people combined?

You are a Super fisher

Edited by Hateanchors

On 12/5/2018 at 1:48 PM, brett davis said:

Pity I can't get there for another 6 weeks. Hope they're still around...yet to catch one and see what all the commotion is about. Thanks for the report. bn

skull dragging yes ,i was not there for the fun of it ,had clear instructions from dear old dad .

go and get me some kingfish cutlets for the family xmas lunch .

still getting a ear bashing, WHERE THE *&^%$# FISH ! and the old back in my day son,,,, and so on and so on 

anyway they enjoy chicken fillets on the BBQ and prawns 

• Haha 1