Paternoster Peg Board

zmk1962

Hey Raiders,

Thought I'd share how I tie Paternoster Rigs using my DIY peg board.  I'd never claim to having invented the peg board but geez since I've made mine it's made a huge difference. I pump out 5 paternosters in the time it took me to make one - and they are all the same !!!! 

Anyway sharing in the hope it helps some other Raider.

Cheers Zoran

Edited by zmk1962
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, big Neil said:

Thanks for that Zoran. How about this for your next project:? when you have a number of them made up (without hooks), how to store them without them getting tangled up? That's one that I haven't solved yet. Cheers, bn

Separate zip lock bags BN! 

• Thanks 1

Yup. I use a combination of things.

Zip lock bags, easy solution and they pack down flat. They do tend to puncture if you pre-rig with hooks though, and can give me trouble with wet cold fingers.

@rickmarlin62 previously posted a great idea of using those CD carriers - they are like a travel case with a zipper all around with sturdy plastic sleeves inside. I immediately went and found the last surviving one in our house - it now stores my hairtail wire rigs - as the wire is springy. This is a great re-useable solution, its just that they are getting harder and harder to find (keep an eye out at garage sales!)

I predominantly now just use a section of pool noodle. The pool noodle is bulkier but has the benefit that you can pre rig with different size and types of hooks. everything is easy to see. I use toothpicks (with a hot glued bead on the end) to fix the loop and just wind the rest of the rig on using the hooks to secure it on the noodle. Easy and quick and re-useable. Picture attached.

Cheers Zoran

44AC91DB-6F24-4D99-9E4A-46F9B7A88EC0.thumb.jpeg.8a2507a7d15da1b8cddb5ea842c02152.jpeg

36C47A2F-8C5C-49BD-8263-FBB129E1143C.thumb.jpeg.1d6e1d84b9743d625588c78c9b51d7c9.jpeg

Edited by zmk1962
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, zmk1962 said:

Hey Raiders,

Thought I'd share how I tie Paternoster Rigs using my DIY peg board.  I'd never claim to having invented the peg board but geez since I've made mine it's made a huge difference. I pump out 5 paternosters in the time it took me to make one - and they are all the same !!!! 

Cheers Zoran

Awesome work mate.

5 hours ago, big Neil said:

Thanks for that Zoran. How about this for your next project:? when you have a number of them made up (without hooks), how to store them without them getting tangled up? That's one that I haven't solved yet. Cheers, bn

Like others said mate,cd wallet works a treat.If your worried about hooks penetrating the plastic I've used ear plugs with good results on the hook points.

20181208_142943.jpg

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Fab1 said:

Awesome work mate.

Like others said mate,cd wallet works a treat.If your worried about hooks penetrating the plastic I've used ear plugs with good results on the hook points.

20181208_142943.jpg

Some simple yet great ideas coming from this thread. Good one Zoran and the other contributors. bn

On 12/7/2018 at 9:21 PM, zmk1962 said:

Hey Raiders,

Cheers Zoran

Nice Zoran   I never thought of this before

On 12/8/2018 at 9:16 AM, zmk1962 said:

Yup. I use a combination of things.

Zip lock bags, easy solution and they pack down flat. They do tend to puncture if you pre-rig with hooks though, and can give me trouble with wet cold fingers.

@rickmarlin62 previously posted a great idea of using those CD carriers - they are like a travel case with a zipper all around with sturdy plastic sleeves inside. I immediately went and found the last surviving one in our house - it now stores my hairtail wire rigs - as the wire is springy. This is a great re-useable solution, its just that they are getting harder and harder to find (keep an eye out at garage sales!)

I predominantly now just use a section of pool noodle. The pool noodle is bulkier but has the benefit that you can pre rig with different size and types of hooks. everything is easy to see. I use toothpicks (with a hot glued bead on the end) to fix the loop and just wind the rest of the rig on using the hooks to secure it on the noodle. Easy and quick and re-useable. Picture attached.

Cheers Zoran

44AC91DB-6F24-4D99-9E4A-46F9B7A88EC0.thumb.jpeg.8a2507a7d15da1b8cddb5ea842c02152.jpeg

36C47A2F-8C5C-49BD-8263-FBB129E1143C.thumb.jpeg.1d6e1d84b9743d625588c78c9b51d7c9.jpeg

This is how I normally store mine

On 12/8/2018 at 2:35 PM, Fab1 said:

Awesome work mate.

20181208_142943.jpg

Great Idea,,   I have used this before

Bear

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Scratchie said:

I don’t use bait. So I only keep one in a ziplock bag incase I’m desperate. 😝

I use bait on one hook and SP on the other .... does that mean I should only keep half of the paternoster in the zip lock bag? 😂

Cheers Z

• Haha 1

Thanks Zoran! I’m sure with that diagram and the video I will figure it out! I must admit, though, I’m not much of a video guy... I much prefer written instructions with pictures! Weird, I know but I guess I lose my concentration watching a video... or, I’m just old school!