Hawkesbury session

Reggae

Left Brooklyn at 6am this morning and headed out to west head to get some live bait but no joy....  headed in further near flint and steel but no live bait anywhere.... decided to give it a miss and headed out to to sea approx 1km off the tip of box head using some cut bait bought from store and managed to catch a a decent flat head..... then head over to Barrenjoey head and got lots of flatheads but all undersize... as we drifted back towards the mouth of Hawkesbury we managed to pickup a few big slimies and with no luck out to sea we decided to try Juno point and managed to pick up a few decent flathead on the drift..... then finnaly we struck  gold with a nice jewy off one of the slimy mackerels filleted Juno point...  not a bad end to the day!

6CBF2CC1-677D-4836-BEDD-978FFFE069CC.jpeg

Edited by gcrameri
Typo
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 2

• 5 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Day's Fishin said:

Thats a great size for eating.

I still can not figure out why people take the huge ones as they are not that good to eat.

What weight was that one about 12kg?

Your post is confusing? 

You contradict yourself in the first two sentences. 

Either way, great fish! 

In my opinion, all fish are good to eat if prepared and cooked right, regardless of size! 

Cheers scratchie!!! 

9 hours ago, Scratchie said:

Your post is confusing? 

You contradict yourself in the first two sentences. 

Either way, great fish! 

In my opinion, all fish are good to eat if prepared and cooked right, regardless of size! 

Cheers scratchie!!! 

I was referring to fish a lot bigger than that one, that you see people putting pictures up of, and I am not talking about on this site!

I said that was a good eating size, if you read it as it was printed!

As for eating fish regardless of size, what  do you mean by that, maybe I am reading that wrong?

9 hours ago, Day's Fishin said:

I was referring to fish a lot bigger than that one,

My bad, I miss interpreted what you were saying. I even read it three times! 

As for my statement! Fish of any size can be great eating if cooked properly! IMO