Molli point Yak rat session round 2

REELCRAZY

Hit molineaux point in the yak  again today. Was lazy this time and bought fresh squid so had a later start. 5.45am on the water and was welcomed by schools of kings busting the surface. Fished stupid light this time.  Blue gomoku running 10lb with squid strips and a 1-3kg stick running 6lb on plastics. Multiple hook ups on both outfits. Landed 10 and got dusted twice. Biggest went about 60cm. Off the water by 8.00 am. Such great fun on the light gear. There is Still huge schools of rats holding there but noticeably pickier today. Tight lines 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, kingie chaser said:

Im heading there tomorrow morning.

Fingers crossed they are still there as I need a bit of fun, even if its rat kings.

You never know a 65cm model may show up eventually :biggrinthumb:

I reckon they will be. I noticed the boat guys fishing heavy gear were getting nothing. I reckon it’s 1/100 for a keeper there at the moment 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, REELCRAZY said:

Hit molineaux point in the yak  again today. Was lazy this time and bought fresh squid so had a later start. 5.45am on the water and was welcomed by schools of kings busting the surface. Fished stupid light this time.  Blue gomoku running 10lb with squid strips and a 1-3kg stick running 6lb on plastics. Multiple hook ups on both outfits. Landed 10 and got dusted twice. Biggest went about 60cm. Off the water by 8.00 am. Such great fun on the light gear. There is Still huge schools of rats holding there but noticeably pickier today. Tight lines 

Hey Reelcrazy,

I was there too. I think I might have spoken to you when I asked what you were using for bait as you had a hook up and you responded saying that you used whole squid and also squid strips.....was that you?

We got there around 5am and got some livies (couple of yakkas and some huge slimiest).

We put out live baits and in the meantime did some flicking on my light rod (8lb braid with 8lb leader on a 2-4Kg rod) with SP's. Caught about 6-7 rats and lost just as many....even gave one of the hook ups to my mate cause he couldn't get a bite as he has never caught a kingie and wanted to experience the fight. Problem was when he was about to start tightening the drag setting and I said "no, don't touch the drag.....if you tighten it, he will bust you up". Anyway, he fought it and fought it and turned around and said...."my arms are killing me".....lol :D. I responded...."mate, you're only fighting a baby and I brought him up half way for you before I gave you the rod, lol" :lol:. Gotta love those kings... Eventually, he got it out and he was bushed...hahaha. Unfortunately, they all went back in the drink as they all ranged from 58-62cm. Unfortunately, there was no takers on the livies and we went over to Kurnell to grab a bite before trying the runways for no takers and headed home around 11am as the wind started to pick up.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Sigma said:

Hey Reelcrazy,

I was there too. I think I might have spoken to you when I asked what you were using for bait as you had a hook up and you responded saying that you used whole squid and also squid strips.....was that you?

We got there around 5am and got some livies (couple of yakkas and some huge slimiest).

We put out live baits and in the meantime did some flicking on my light rod (8lb braid with 8lb leader on a 2-4Kg rod) with SP's. Caught about 6-7 rats and lost just as many....even gave one of the hook ups to my mate cause he couldn't get a bite as he has never caught a kingie and wanted to experience the fight. Problem was when he was about to start tightening the drag setting and I said "no, don't touch the drag.....if you tighten it, he will bust you up". Anyway, he fought it and fought it and turned around and said...."my arms are killing me".....lol :D. I responded...."mate, you're only fighting a baby and I brought him up half way for you before I gave you the rod, lol" :lol:. Gotta love those kings... Eventually, he got it out and he was bushed...hahaha. Unfortunately, they all went back in the drink as they all ranged from 58-62cm. Unfortunately, there was no takers on the livies and we went over to Kurnell to grab a bite before trying the runways for no takers and headed home around 11am as the wind started to pick up.

Cheers

Dave

That was probably one of the hobie guys mate. I was in this oneC1333E22-A332-4602-B237-FE46CC16D2E3.thumb.jpeg.bcfab19194a96d14d2c7c2fcf31eacd9.jpeg

was a great morning till that wind picked up. Good on you for helping your mate out. Wait till he gets one of these. Then his arms will be stretched! Tight lines buddy. 

2FFBD2F7-8E90-4323-A604-CF22986C6E7F.thumb.jpeg.48976deee9e596723807a2c694114a7f.jpeg

Edited by REELCRAZY
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, REELCRAZY said:

I reckon they will be. I noticed the boat guys fishing heavy gear were getting nothing. I reckon it’s 1/100 for a keeper there at the moment 

Sweet, I'll start lite on squid  but I might also drop a live yakka to the bottom as well.

I have 5 rods all ready to go with different options :biggrinthumb: