Fishing Apps

Bill Morris

Hello Raiders,

I was wondering if anyone on here has the fishing points app or Navionics app. I have downloaded the free version of fishing points and it seems good but to see forecasts I think you need to upgrade, was wondering if its worth it? Also does anyone have input on the navionics app? It's pretty expensive so was wondering what it is like.

Cheers Stalwart

Hi @stalwart,  I use Navionics and love it.  There's been a couple of posts on this previously. Can I  suggest you try the search function and see if you have any additional questions to what has been covered. It's going to be quicker for you than waiting for folks to  retype their answers.

Cheers Zoran

Navionics app has a free trial for a week or so to get an idea whether you need it. Navionics web app is free however no gps function. Plenty of people use them instead of buying sounders with maps.

If you are interested in forecasts then  try free  BOM Weather, WillyWeather, Seabreaze, Fishranger....

Also try Deckee.

Screenshot_2018-12-10-14-28-06.jpg

39 minutes ago, stalwart said:

CHeers mate I searched fishing apps and fishing applications but I found nothing. I'll try their specific names 

Cool....  search for Navionics ... you'll get the heaps of hits...  Cheers Z

15 minutes ago, stalwart said:

Thanks for all the replies. New to fishing and especially going outside. Find the fish finder I have is pretty inconsistent with depths and as far as I know doesnt have contour lines etc. Thanks again

Mark

Is your fish finder a combo unit, i.e. with a GPS plotter? If so, and if you’ve set up your sounder and GPS correctly, the soundings should be pretty close to what your plotter says. Of course, the sounder will pick up variations/detail that just won’t be shown on the charts. The Navionics in sonar mode, shows great detail in the contour lines, which can help you find steep drop offs etc. For example, the islands just off Port Stephens...

In plain Navionics mode:

6BA36875-5884-4F79-ADBA-618CBE22A494.png

In Sonar Chart mode:

5427D073-9958-4E04-9C9B-EB8A0BBD0765.png

Edited by Berleyguts