Squidding and kingfishing - live report

mrsswordfisherman

It is a beautiful morning out on the bay. Swordie and I decided to take advantage of the perfect weather conditions. 

Jonno and nbdshroom were out also and followed us for the adventure. We met a few other raiders here too :)

Earlier today we grabbed a few squid at Kurnell and headed across the bay to catch kingies. This is my first try and I sat patiently waiting for a tap, tap, tap on the end of my line.

Suddenly zzzzzzzzz and boy don’t they pull. Cheers all round. Gee isn’t this fun! 

I will keep casting this squid out and see how I go. 

So far me 3 and swordie 1. All pics mine so far :)

19665284-A0D2-41A7-867A-B6AD73C3E4E4.jpeg1BD64641-6F32-4364-A5E1-47CE560D0624.jpegFBF3FDFE-5FAF-4080-A298-F405C5A00F1C.jpegF4275E0A-C48F-4AEA-A5B2-2CE3BF87A21A.jpeg923BAE31-CBB7-4374-A97F-641978598A15.jpegA6524DFC-8996-4F10-9512-238B0C1EA09D.jpegEE8E8185-F886-4898-B499-BBEEE45D28BF.jpeg429AB6F9-C662-4722-A977-8610BB58E686.jpegC1EFFDE8-D8D3-4199-B1F2-82F07723AC4F.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Mini report:

It was certainly a beautiful day out there at Molineux Point and about 10-15 other boats thought so too!

The bite was a lot tougher today (compared to the previous outing with Stewy which was simply magical and it was always going to be hard to top) but the kings were definitely around. We didn't have to look very hard in the water to see them. They were a little bit picky but they were taking squid strips which is what most people were using. Whole prawns also seemed to do the trick. It was nice to see everyone hook up at some stage, including a father and young daughter duo who looked like they were having a ball. My favourite moment was seeing her dad take control of the net duties and try and land her kingy. 

For us,  Jonno got his first king which was very exciting to see. I didn't take photos as I should have but I did capture his first below. Well done mate! Also congrats to Donna for ticking that off in style too.

It was nice to see Stewy and Donna hooking up in front of us too. All in all, it was a great day, the swell was small and the wind was calm.

IMAG0405.thumb.jpg.ac4f9aa34bd664f5291345202506b6c0.jpgIMAG0406.thumb.jpg.4f68204c17a48cbe47d350dc2e1a6970.jpg

Edited by nbdshroom
  • Like 2

Congratulations Donna,

Be warned that they can be very addictive. Looking back at the time I have spent chasing them I love and hate them at the same time. I love catching them but I'd prefer if there was less time between catches.

Thank you to you and Stewie for a fantastic 2018 on Fishraider.

Hope you have a fun time heading into the Christmas festivities.

Warm regards,

Derek

• Like 2

Thanks for a top day out, Pete, Donna and Stewie.

Caught some top squid, and always great to catch a first time kingy, geez they go well!

Congrats to Donna for her first king as well 😎

Pete you’re welcome to come out anytime, it was great having you on board, you make a great net man 😮😂

Thats my fishing done until after Xmas as well.

Hope everyone has a safe, and happy Xmas!

Jonno

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Scratchie said:

Well done guys! Always nice to tick one off the list. Great report and pics! 

Cheers scratchie!!! 

That's one that I want to tick off the list too. Hope they're still around somewhere I can get to in another 6 weeks. Well done Donna. Cheers bn

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Swordfisherman said:

Top day out again and congrats to Donna and Johnno catching their first kingfish. Merry Christmas everyone 

And Merry Christmas to you guys. Adding to what Derek said too. Thank you for Fishraider. You don't need telling how much it means to so many people out there. Cheers, bn

Edited by big Neil
misspelt name
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Swordfisherman said:

Top day out again and congrats to Donna and Johnno catching their first kingfish. Merry Christmas everyone 

Lovely to meet yourself & Donna our there. It was great to witness Donna land her first king from a few meters away. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DerekD said:

Congratulations Donna,

Be warned that they can be very addictive. Looking back at the time I have spent chasing them I love and hate them at the same time. I love catching them but I'd prefer if there was less time between catches.

Thank you to you and Stewie for a fantastic 2018 on Fishraider.

Hope you have a fun time heading into the Christmas festivities.

Warm regards,

Derek

Thanks Derek. I will have another go at this methinks :) 

Been a pleasure and bring on 2019 for fishraider and its members 

32 minutes ago, JimmyJam said:

Lovely to meet yourself & Donna our there. It was great to witness Donna land her first king from a few meters away. 

OHHHHH @JimmyJam fantastic you have posted. 

I could hear you guys woohoooing me and it made me more determined to get that fish in. 

See you at "the point" next time and hope work was fun for you :)

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, J0nn0 said:

Thanks for a top day out, Pete, Donna and Stewie.

Caught some top squid, and always great to catch a first time kingy, geez they go well!

Congrats to Donna for her first king as well 😎

Pete you’re welcome to come out anytime, it was great having you on board, you make a great net man 😮😂

Thats my fishing done until after Xmas as well.

Hope everyone has a safe, and happy Xmas!

Jonno

Thanks Jonno and well done to you on that first kingie

It was a great day out there in gorgeous weather. 

8 hours ago, nbdshroom said:

Mini report:

It was certainly a beautiful day out there at Molineux Point and about 10-15 other boats thought so too!

The bite was a lot tougher today (compared to the previous outing with Stewy which was simply magical and it was always going to be hard to top) but the kings were definitely around. We didn't have to look very hard in the water to see them. They were a little bit picky but they were taking squid strips which is what most people were using. Whole prawns also seemed to do the trick. It was nice to see everyone hook up at some stage, including a father and young daughter duo who looked like they were having a ball. My favourite moment was seeing her dad take control of the net duties and try and land her kingy. 

For us,  Jonno got his first king which was very exciting to see. I didn't take photos as I should have but I did capture his first below. Well done mate! Also congrats to Donna for ticking that off in style too.

It was nice to see Stewy and Donna hooking up in front of us too. All in all, it was a great day, the swell was small and the wind was calm.

IMAG0405.thumb.jpg.ac4f9aa34bd664f5291345202506b6c0.jpgIMAG0406.thumb.jpg.4f68204c17a48cbe47d350dc2e1a6970.jpg

Love the pics boys!

Good to see you again Pete and I agree that little girl assisted by her Dad to catch the fish was magic! I love to see the Dads taking their kids out fishing. 

Well done team