Micro jigs

bluefin

Have been inspired to give this a try.Im changing some of my 10 15 and 20 gram metal spinning lures to suit. One way is to remove the treble and ring, and attach an inline hook to the top ring. It works Im told, But I wonder it putting the hook on a piece of Braided Kevlar or just plain old Fluro to give the hook more flexibility would be better?
Has anyone used Momo or Fluro for this, Also what design of hook ?Thanks Howard.

So your replacing the treble on the bottom ring with an assist hook at the top of the lure is that right?

I often replace my trebles with a single hook because getting trebles out of something like a Taylor can be a PITA.

I just use the existing ring.

I guess I were adding an assist I would just but the appropriate sized assist hook which usually has reasonably heavy dacron.

Cant say I would be keen on using fluro on an assist hook, usually the critters attacking spinning lures are pretty toothy.

kingie chaser,  The micro jigging i will be doing will be in 20 meters of water in the river . Vertical jigging out of the boat. Im after Bream , Flathead and Jew. My usual targets on vibes and SP's. Just a different method. why not dacron or kevlar? I don't have any.  12 to 16 lb fluro is all I use now.  I was wondering why 40 or 60. which I have, wouldn't do the trick?    Easily replaced if damaged too much .?   Hook design Im wondering about too.

Thanks .

Edited by bluefin