nutsaboutfishing

First kingie

Set off with DezM yesterday in search of my first kingie. Started the day looking for some bait. Soon boated 3 squid and off came the heads and we started trolling just past the spit bridge. Soon got a hit on the rod. Was a strange fight I didn't think the fish was on then I did then I thought I is dropped it. Dez was sure I was hooked up the whole time. I'm used to bites then a load in the rod. Anyhow after a brief but exciting fight first King on board celebrations and high fives all around just under legal but I didn't care.

Have told Dez he now his to get me onto my first jewie!!

48529D49-2B00-4C12-9E36-BCBE873D0E76.jpeg

• Like 8

Congratulations Richard, well done. Great day for it, hope you get a legal.

Top effort mate

Such a good feeling catching your first kingfish, 

I caught my first one last week, I've been trying to target them for a while. So it was so nice when i finally landed one.

Did you manage anymore or was it just the one?

2 hours ago, sam bros said:

Top effort mate

Such a good feeling catching your first kingfish, 

I caught my first one last week, I've been trying to target them for a while. So it was so nice when i finally landed one.

Did you manage anymore or was it just the one?

Nah just the one, but it's a great feeling, unfortunately not fully satisfied coz I want to pull out an even bigger one now.

Did you check out Stewy and Pete's post?  They were pulling them out like there was no tomorrw

https://www.fishraider.com.au/topic/88260-botany-bay-kings-and-squid-with-stewy/?tab=comments#comment-646397

Well done n.a.f,

Done the hard yards & even caught your own bait, nice.

Shame they are not going to be xmas day sashimi but some great fun was had anyway right :)

Edited by kingie chaser

Nice to get that first one  hopefully you will get many now  the first is the hardest...rick

Nice one, still waiting to get mine. Starting to believe they are a mystery fish.

On 12/26/2018 at 10:18 AM, rickmarlin62 said:

Nice to get that first one  hopefully you will get many now  the first is the hardest...rick

Still hopeful of getting one this Summer Rick. Next trip to the salt...maybe? Cheers, bn