Port Stephens boxing day

Peter Nelson

20181227_113431.thumb.jpg.c328c90998db3e3dad302866554d5910.jpgHi All

Decided to go for an early fish boxing day taking out dad as he came down for a few days.

We were greated with my normal luck of a strong NE wind blowing.

Decided to tough the slop and chop and head out, ended up finding a few perlies,  1 trag and 1 mowy. 

It was a bit hard going but happy with my PB pearly 52cm.

Came back in only to find chaos at the ramp.

It was amazing to see how many inconsiderate people can all be in the  same place at once, anyway got out of there as quick as I could.

• Like 3

Great effort, Peter! You’re keen going out on Boxing Day! I just lay by the pool all day - I needed complete rest after the most physically demanding Christmas I’ve had in Retail/Hospitality in 34 years! Back to work in the sweatbox in about half an hour. 😔 I’m going into hiding for the next couple of weeks, I think!

Ive never caught a pearlie. What depth do you find them in?

9 minutes ago, Berleyguts said:

Great effort, Peter! You’re keen going out on Boxing Day! I just lay by the pool all day - I needed complete rest after the most physically demanding Christmas I’ve had in Retail/Hospitality in 34 years! Back to work in the sweatbox in about half an hour. 😔 I’m going into hiding for the next couple of weeks, I think!

Ive never caught a pearlie. What depth do you find them in?

Hi Baz

I normally go into hibernation this time of year but thought I'd give it a go. Like you I think I'll park up for a couple of weeks.

I got them in about 55-60m. Good eating too.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Woodsy1 said:

Good work Peter, don’t the pearlies taste great.

There is a few people who could learn some Ramp etiquette around at the moment

Woodsy

Your not wrong mate.

Not sure if half of them should be allowed out there or if they have licenses.

Watching some as we were trying to get back in, 1 bloke didn't even know how to get his jet ski off the trailer, that took about 1/2 hr another bloke parked his massive battle ship( as we called it) right it the reverse bay and he decided to go have a picnic with his family,leaving his big setup shutting down a 3rd of the ramp, talk about frustrating 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Scratchie said:

Haha, good work on the fish Pete! 

But as for the ramp, Just when you think you’ve seen it all, turn up tomorrow! There are some very special people up here this time of year! 

Cheers scratchie!!! 

I couldn't even clean my fish there, no where to park after pulling the boat in, ha ha.

Might park up for a few weeks and do a bit of work on the boat.