Where to fish with kids at the Entrance (Central Coast NSW)

Gengar

I am a newbie at fishing but I want to take the kids (6 and 9)  fishing as we are staying at the Entrance area next week. We have couple handlines and a kids rod combo but want advice on whereabouts to fish? Don't need to land any big fish (but obviously don't mind if we land a few!) but looking to try and get the kids to land some fish! Prefer a jetty/wharf if possible but also thinking of hiring a small boat to fish in Tuggerah Lake?

Is it true that its a good time to fish 2 hours before high/low tide? Any advice appreciated! Thanks!

Welcome aboard.

Plenty places to fish. Very crowded this time of the year.

You can hire a boat from the boat hire at the Entrance bridge.

Try Hargraves beach, Magenta beach or the Entrance itself. It has a jetty.

Good luck.

Hi,

For land based fishing, some good spots are the north and south channels. Just on the north side of the bridge there is a large jetty which might be OK it also has a childrens' playground too.. As well, the bike track.

Picnic Point has lots of spots to throw a line in. If you can get some live poddies or prawns and fish the last of the runout you should be in luck. I've caught a lot of flathead there on SPs too. Has toilets, a skatepark, BBQ facilities, outdoor gym and the bike track.  Fish from the grass in front of the BBQs south towards Long Jetty. It's a great spot for a young family and would be my recommendation.

Have a great time and I hope that you get some fish!

KB

Good spot for Land Based fishing and normally catch a couple of tiddlers, such as Bream, Tarwhine and the occasional Snapper or Flathead.

The Jetty that Koalaboi mentioned is the go, bbq area, kids playground, and a decent jettty for kids. >>

The Entrance Playground

also alternatively if you want to travel a little further up the road with a lot more land based locations, hit up Lake Macquarie>>> my write up and stomping ground on Lake Mac: Land Based Lake Mac also is a google custom map too.

Any other places you wish to try round the entrance and upwards that are kid safe feel free to pm me, i have a 5yr old son and almost 2 yr old daughter, that always come fishing with me up and down the coas regularly, so i know what its like fishing with kids.

Regards  Squ!rt