How/when to use Atomic K9 walker

Hi Guys,

Long time reader, first time poster.

I had a question about some lures that my wife bought me for Christmas. They are the Atomic Hardz K9 Walker 60mm floating type in both "Tim's prawn" and "Ghost pearl tiger". I'm fairly novice and I've never fished with this type of lure before and I was wondering, how and when I would use them. I'm land based and mostly do basic estuary fishing for bream/flathead etc using soft plastics.

Thanks heaps

12 hours ago, Foreversnagged said:

Also I've been looking into the atomic hardz crank 38 lures but I'm not sure whether I should go for the mid or deep. Any thoughts? 

Thanks

If I could only buy 1 I'd go for the deep for versatility.

Obviously you can fish deeper with it but also up on the shallow flats. On the flats just retrieve slowly and let the lure's bib scour along in the sand replicating a critter that's feeding and throw in a few pauses from time to time. Works great on flathead and bream.

3 hours ago, Green Hornet said:

If I could only buy 1 I'd go for the deep for versatility.

Obviously you can fish deeper with it but also up on the shallow flats. On the flats just retrieve slowly and let the lure's bib scour along in the sand replicating a critter that's feeding and throw in a few pauses from time to time. Works great on flathead and bream.

Thanks for the advice Green Hornet. Any thoughts as to colours? I could probably buy one deep and one mid. 

On 1/5/2019 at 2:14 PM, Green Hornet said:

The 2 colours you mentioned in your original post would be a good starting point for general water clarity. 

If it was me I'd get a couple of the deep runners. You can always hold your rod tip up a bit to get them to swim shallower.

Thanks Green Hornet, will hopefully be able to give them a go soon. Thanks for the help. 

• Like 1