Beakie Hunt 2019

PaddyT

Had a late start yesterday due to first mate back at work (he is a swimming coach so had finished by 830am), on the water at 930am and straight out towards the 12 mile, water Ok at 22c so lures in , water got better and better- hitting 24 just outside the 12, a few micro dollies and frigate macks popped up here and there. Headed back inside to see probabaly the biggest pod of Common Dolphins ive seen off Sydney- at least 3-400 absolutly smashing masses of pilchards on the tide change at 130pm, we drove round the carnage for over 2hrs and didnt turn a reel. Masses of bait in the 50-60 fathom area so it will go off at some point, water starting to look really good. Nice day anyway!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for a report PaddyT. There an awesome sight seeing that many dolphins smashing the water! Unlucky on the search but as you know that’s gamefishing! I’ll be having my first look on Monday hopefully! 

Cheers scratchie!!! 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Scratchie said:

Cheers rick! The shelf it is then! 

Heard there’s a lot of bait on the way out to the shelf, hopefully the southerly over the next day or so pushes the warmer water in closer, be interesting to  hear how you  go Scratchie

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, PaddyT said:

southerly change should fix the water , plus once we swing into a waxing moon i reckon their will be a bite

Waxing moon, eh? I need to book a couple of weeks leave and I’m hoping for February. Just trying to figure out the best 2 weeks to take. 🤔 The first 2 weeks, with the new moon 🌑 on the 6th,or the second 2 weeks, with the full moon 🌕 on the 20th. Any suggestions? Of course, what I really want to know is what the weather’s going to be like! 😂 I may have to settle on March anyway but I don’t want to miss the inshore run of small black marlin.

19 hours ago, Berleyguts said:

Waxing moon, eh? I need to book a couple of weeks leave and I’m hoping for February. Just trying to figure out the best 2 weeks to take. 🤔 The first 2 weeks, with the new moon 🌑 on the 6th,or the second 2 weeks, with the full moon 🌕 on the 20th. Any suggestions? Of course, what I really want to know is what the weather’s going to be like! 😂 I may have to settle on March anyway but I don’t want to miss the inshore run of small black marlin.

Well put it this way im going to Coffs between March 16-21- Full moon is 21st, you have an advantage of living at PS just follow the charter boats!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Scratchie said:

No game report to put in! Went to Fad and it was 17.5 and lifeless. Didn’t push on further and no chatter on the radio all day! 

Will have to try again soon! 

But we brained some snapper 😝

Yum...look forward to the report !!!

• Like 1