Douglas Park Bass

swano

Went for an early morning trip to the Nepean to give Deb's new kayak a run and try to catch her first bass.

Deb was using a surface cicada.

Wasn't long and she was on the board, Only small but it was a first.

I followed up next on a spinner bait. Relief, cause Deb had been getting quite a few hits and enquiries on the cicada and I didn't think it would be too long till she was on again.

IMG_0993.thumb.jpg.1a0a03af0db15a603ec838c31bc0a36f.jpgIMG_2937.thumb.jpg.e53424ec6e5aa6d4def5b280406d966b.jpg

Sure enough Deb had her upgrade and I was trying to think of how to get my cicada back, because I,d had no more touches on the spinner bait and was throwing

hard bodies and had changed to a Buggie Pop cicada.

IMG_0995.thumb.jpg.d4f88a7a5802bbcc9b0565cc964d8c79.jpgIMG_1011.thumb.jpg.bbe4aeeac5683ac05d0158cbe09025b0.jpg

We reached our little stop area where you can get out easy, have a stretch, a coffee, and even keep fishing from the bank. While I was making a cuppa I also had this conversation

with Deb.    "Gee there was a big splash in the water"

" Ok throw your lure there "    Splashing noise..... "Im on"  ......." Oh bugger it got off, I think it was pretty big"

" Never mind, try again"         Bigger splashing noise..... "Shit it's on again"...... This time I run up to see Deb hooked into a beauty and in the clear water it looks around

40cm, and had caught them that size from here before. Turn to get the net from the Kayak and I here "Bugger He got off again." ........That was the last bit of action from that spot.

We drifted down river for about another hour and got one more fish each around the 25cm mark for total of 5 fish for the morning. Deb winning the day.

By now it was getting quite hot so we hitched the kayaks together,hit the Watersnake and cruised back to the car feeling pretty happy about our morning trip.

Cheers  

Deano...

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...