Swimmers are around in good numbers

Day's Fishin

I was staying on the Hawkesbury river during the end of November and there were lots of blue swimmers about; of good size too. Unfortunately all our traps were stolen on the same day. Only got the chance to lift them one time!!! I know how you feel. Shame that there are a few people out there that do the wrong thing. I will have to keep the traps in view from now on. 

Joe

5 hours ago, jtp said:

I was staying on the Hawkesbury river during the end of November and there were lots of blue swimmers about; of good size too. Unfortunately all our traps were stolen on the same day. Only got the chance to lift them one time!!! I know how you feel. Shame that there are a few people out there that do the wrong thing. I will have to keep the traps in view from now on. 

Joe

Yeah Joe, the only way is to keep close and watch them.

It seems to happen more during school holidays! Maybe there is stupid people that think its funny to show their kids how to get crabs without having a trap and then find their too stupid to know how to take the crabs out so keep the trap as well ( my suggestion only)

Jeff

2 hours ago, scumfisho said:

Can confirm they are in abundance in the georges river aswell. Great news

I always have great luck during a long hot spell.

They seem to be in abundance during the LLLLLLOOOOOOGGGGGHHHHHHOOOOOTTTTTT days!😈

The temperature in my tractor today read 45 degress at 1pm I stopped working at 3pm bathed in sweet.

• Like 1

I went last Saturday between berowra and bar point. Had 6 witches hats and got 12 blue swimmers in about 3 hrs. I have given up mullet and now just using chicken legs with a punctured can of cat food. The cat food seems to make a difference, as by the third time aroun, the numbers decrease, I think the scent disappears from the cans. The chicken is much cleaner in the boat too. 

7 hours ago, BrettP said:

I went last Saturday between berowra and bar point. Had 6 witches hats and got 12 blue swimmers in about 3 hrs. I have given up mullet and now just using chicken legs with a punctured can of cat food. The cat food seems to make a difference, as by the third time aroun, the numbers decrease, I think the scent disappears from the cans. The chicken is much cleaner in the boat too. 

I have used cat food in the past and found it ok . I use fresh rooster at times when I have to cull one or 2 and foung them pretty good but the fresh mullet is tops for me.

Jeff

• Like 1