Peel river carp

scottyboy

To hot on Saturday  (38 degrees ) to go walking the banks for cod. So decided to go chase carp at the river in town. Took a 6pack and a loaf of bread. Caught a few all on 6lb line which results in a very fun battle,fish in the photo had me going for about 5 minutes.    

Cheers Scotty 

Resized_20190105_194955_8661.jpeg

• Like 1

If it is anything like the Murrumbidgee River, you're doing well catching them on 6lb line Scotty. I have been getting some decent sized ones (to 70 cms) on 10 lb line, using cheese (for Cod). It's a major battle keeping them out of the numerous snags and bringing them to the boat. Have you been getting many Cod up there in the Peel River? They are definitely good fun though. Cheers, bn

Cheers Neil, the cod have been of the bite big time. I've only fished once since the season started and only caught one small fish. Most other people who fish the peel have struggled too. With keepit been at 0.5% every ski boat in the north west  has been going to chaffy dam so no reports from there either. Heading to Yamba next week so maybe able to have some luck there.

Cheers Scotty 

7 hours ago, scottyboy said:

Cheers Neil, the cod have been of the bite big time. I've only fished once since the season started and only caught one small fish. Most other people who fish the peel have struggled too. With keepit been at 0.5% every ski boat in the north west  has been going to chaffy dam so no reports from there either. Heading to Yamba next week so maybe able to have some luck there.

Cheers Scotty 

Yep, this lack of water has produced the worst start to Cod opening in 20yrs. Still catching plenty but having to put mega time in to do so. Only 1 keeper so far, which I released anyway. Good luck up the coast. Cheers, bn

• 1 month later...

Good onya Scotty, dam menace those things.

I was part of an eradication program in Centennial park Sydney which was all controlled by the parks.

This is just 1 or around 4 or5tubs we were getting per session, there were some fish that were coming in around 6-7kg mark.

Had about 4 sessions there until some greeny decided they liked the carp & the program was stopped 🙄

These people should stop living in their own little bubble!!

P1010023.thumb.JPG.78c5e31b214ca8c793acf8c137510b92.JPG