Broughton Island

Ka-Ching

Well we hit the marina this morning to find our upgraded simrad electronics package was still out of action (waiting on a recalled power module replacement) so heading wide wasn’t an option as we had no water temp and no sounder! 

So decided to get some live bait at cabbage tree island and head up to broughton. Loaded up in slimies in no time! No burley needed, just a bait jig and had a tank full in 10 mins.

got to the north side of the island by 8am and decided to work the washes all around the island with soft plastics while having a live bait out the back. Live baits didn’t get touched all day, but the soft plastics got smashed on the drop but only when we were casting into the washes. 

Ended up with a handful of snapper and got smoked by some much larger models on my new Stella 4000 combos running 30lb braid!

All fish were released....

back at it tomoz!

AE9C2F85-FB8E-497C-90A1-028AB0575135.jpeg

• Like 10

Quality red Ka-Ching. Bizarre that the slimes went untouched?! 

Mate, think I saw you heading back in today - you lads moored up in Nelson’s yeah? Sweet ride if that Bby Blue seafox is yours!

I was with a mate on the red/black JetSki tailin ya.🤙🤸‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Scratchie said:

Great work! Nothing like seeing a good Broughton Island snapper! Well done! 

Cheers scratchie!!! 

Cheers mate, no scratchie size snapper that’s for sure.... inspired by your master yoda work on the snapper! I reckon those big fellas that striped 30+m on high drag would of been more like your standard but will give it a crack tomoz and let you know!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MikeMac said:

Quality red Ka-Ching. Bizarre that the slimes went untouched?! 

Mate, think I saw you heading back in today - you lads moored up in Nelson’s yeah? Sweet ride if that Bby Blue seafox is yours!

I was with a mate on the red/black JetSki tailin ya.🤙🤸‍♂️

Hi MikeMac,

yeah we are at the marina in the blue sea fox center console with twin 300hp Evinrudes. 

Yeah haven’t been able to turn a reel on the livies at all. Including live squid!!

will give it another crack and in he morning.

• Like 1