Botany Bay Kings

swordfisherman

Been hitting the bay a bit lately catching plenty of kings but all undersized until today when a very healthy 72cm model which put up a great fight. Swano and myself caught plenty of kings today and not just at the point but on numerous markers with fresh squid strips caught just on first light on green jigs. The big disappointment was not one crab 🦀 oh and a fiesty salmon as well. Swano did get busted off on a sizeable king on one of the markers (more drag) haha

413A8030-3A02-44B5-B758-21F5F0B3CE1C.jpeg

BB0084F3-FCDE-4551-BC2C-58EFA6BAD1A7.jpeg

• Like 6

10 hours ago, jenno64 said:

Well done Stewy, good to get a decent legal one amongst all the rats!!

We had some little fellas with tags taking bits of pillies right at the boat and I hooked the only one without a tag on my 4 lb gear 🐟 bugger , but a great tussle none the less Rob. Oh and here is Mr Salmon 

6E702808-FE72-40E4-BF49-DB5B74821E66.jpeg

Edited by Swordfisherman
  • Like 2

On 1/11/2019 at 5:58 PM, Swordfisherman said:

Been hitting the bay a bit lately catching plenty of kings but all undersized until today when a very healthy 72cm model which put up a great fight. Swano and myself caught plenty of kings today and not just at the point but on numerous markers with fresh squid strips caught just on first light on green jigs. The big disappointment was not one crab 🦀 oh and a fiesty salmon as well. Swano did get busted off on a sizeable king on one of the markers (more drag) haha

413A8030-3A02-44B5-B758-21F5F0B3CE1C.jpeg

BB0084F3-FCDE-4551-BC2C-58EFA6BAD1A7.jpeg

Top king is so big the camera couldn't fit it in 😂 great job awesome catch