Took my brother Inlaw for a fish

61 crusher

Headed out yesterday morning out of Brissie waters knowing the sea and weather was going to be great. Stopped at half tide rocks on the last of the run out tide and showed him how to use a soft plastic, had two quick drifts before the tide stopped, I managed one flattie at 50cm no joy for him. Next off to the bait grounds for a  tank full of slimies  &  a few yakkas he had a ball on the handline, then headed for the flathead grounds, 300m into our run fish where busting up so out came the 2 to 4kg stick with a metal on it, he managed 6 legal tailor. 8am by this stage and a big smile on his dial we headed out, on the way we came across a pod of  dolphins & quite a few schools of yakkas & slimies feeding, this is great was his comment 🙂,managed to bag out on the flatties, moved around a bit to avoid the little ones while fog rolled in about 11am and stayed around for the rest of the day. We moved in to about 30ms  where he got a mixed bag.We headed in about 3pm2ACA7AA4-7B43-4692-BB02-5B49DBB11352.thumb.jpeg.eae36028c232d03e8edd4d142f52725f.jpega pic of his fish, he couldn’t thank me enough for his best fishing day ever. “Happy days”

• Like 5

On 1/12/2019 at 8:07 PM, 61 crusher said:

Headed out yesterday morning out of Brissie waters knowing the sea and weather was going to be great. Stopped at half tide rocks on the last of the run out tide and showed him how to use a soft plastic, had two quick drifts before the tide stopped, I managed one flattie at 50cm no joy for him. Next off to the bait grounds for a  tank full of slimies  &  a few yakkas he had a ball on the handline, then headed for the flathead grounds, 300m into our run fish where busting up so out came the 2 to 4kg stick with a metal on it, he managed 6 legal tailor. 8am by this stage and a big smile on his dial we headed out, on the way we came across a pod of  dolphins & quite a few schools of yakkas & slimies feeding, this is great was his comment 🙂,managed to bag out on the flatties, moved around a bit to avoid the little ones while fog rolled in about 11am and stayed around for the rest of the day. We moved in to about 30ms  where he got a mixed bag.We headed in about 3pm2ACA7AA4-7B43-4692-BB02-5B49DBB11352.thumb.jpeg.eae36028c232d03e8edd4d142f52725f.jpega pic of his fish, he couldn’t thank me enough for his best fishing day ever. “Happy days”

Do you actually eat nanigui?

On 1/16/2019 at 6:52 PM, Day's Fishin said:

Do you actually eat nanigui?

They are actually a very nice tasting sweet fish, they leave a yowie fish (Morwong) for dead, small fillets for size of fish big ones are a better yield, they  also are gun Livies for yellowfin ,they stand out like a bright neon light in the deep blue

5 hours ago, 61 crusher said:

They are actually a very nice tasting sweet fish, they leave a yowie fish (Morwong) for dead, small fillets for size of fish big ones are a better yield, they  also are gun Livies for yellowfin ,they stand out like a bright neon light in the deep blue

Yes I agree they taste nice but have far too many bones for me.

I remember about 20 years ago or more I went to a sea food restaurant in Adelaide, the one in a old sail ship, and I ordered Snapper, out comes the plate with a Nanigui staring at me, I told the waiter I ordered Snapper NOT Nanigui and the waiter came back with " the chef insures me that that IS a Snapper. I ate it but never been back there again. I later found out that commersially they are called Snapper in some fish markets!!!. .

Frank

27 minutes ago, Blackfish said:

I would guess Nannygai. Alfonsino are a deep water species and reading 61Crushers report I would think he never got that deep.

My guess anyway 🙂

Good guess we got the Nannygai  in 30m over hard bottom, I think you can get them to 200m from memory where as Alfonsino are caught 200m+ to the shelf and some