How To Catch Livebait in Botany Bay Info video

Botany Bay Fishing

Hello everyone :) 

Time for another video, Nothing as great and fancy as my last video although this one really gets back to basics on how to catch livies, Slimeys and yakkas in particular. I know most of us know how to catch our bait but this is for those new to fishing or new to fishing in Botany Bay.

Added bonus some kingy fun at the end including a bust off.

As always all feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to read and watch

• Like 2

Hi mate,

Nice video! Just be careful with the 'baitgrounds' as I am pretty sure it is out of bounds as per the port authority. I've seen maritime and police move people out of this zone on multiple occasions. I know a lot of people still collect bait from here but it is something to be aware of; unless rules have changed for which I'll be happy to be corrected.

Tight lines!

Joe

9f-botany-bay-lower-georges-cooks.pdf

14 hours ago, big Neil said:

Thanks for the video BBF. Having no experience in catching Slimeys, etc and live baiting for Kingfish, I would have enjoyed a visual of the "Sabiki" rig? and also the method used for live baiting. Cheers, bn

any one of these jigs would work best, and as for style some people actually jig them and work them as you would a jig, Although we find with a little squid on each hook and with the livies around your boat they will smash it straight away.

Try any method and figure out which works best for you :)

Capture21.JPG

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Botany Bay Fishing said:

Hello everyone :) 

Time for another video, Nothing as great and fancy as my last video although this one really gets back to basics on how to catch livies, Slimeys and yakkas in particular. I know most of us know how to catch our bait but this is for those new to fishing or new to fishing in Botany Bay.

Added bonus some kingy fun at the end including a bust off.

As always all feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to read and watch

While I enjoyed watching each 3 off your vids & don't want to come off as negative  I think you should think about the titles of all of them & think about inserting more info in captions & additional info or links.

You really haven't described 'how to' catch anything really but you in the process of catching them.

Im guess I am from the old school of if your going to state something then back it up with the detail!!

Just saying

Edited by kingie chaser
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, kingie chaser said:

While I enjoyed watching each 3 off your vids & don't want to come off as negative  I think you should think about the titles of all of them & think about inserting more info in captions & additional info or links.

You really haven't described 'how to' catch anything really but you in the process of catching them.

Im guess I am from the old school of if your going to state something then back it up with the detail!!

Just saying

i sort of agree with what your saying, i try to add extra detail in the video description. Im still trying to figure out how to make the video as detailed as possible and add as much information in them as possible without having a long run time, I think for stuff like catching livebait and going crabbing is pretty straightforward and i try not to make a convoluted video.

This is great feedback and ill will defintely start adding more info and detail into my videos as best as i can.

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 11:15 PM, Botany Bay Fishing said:

i sort of agree with what your saying, i try to add extra detail in the video description. Im still trying to figure out how to make the video as detailed as possible and add as much information in them as possible without having a long run time, I think for stuff like catching livebait and going crabbing is pretty straightforward and i try not to make a convoluted video.

This is great feedback and ill will defintely start adding more info and detail into my videos as best as i can.

Mate your out there giving it a crack which is the main thing so good on you 👍

I watch a lot of YouTubes on a lot of different subject matter(some highly detailed technical stuff) & what tends to annoy the hell out of me in something that's supposed to be sort of tutorial is this crap head banger music that goes along with it & your left guessing really about what it is there are trying to explain to you.

Sometimes all that is needed is some good proper narration without all the heavy metal!!

I get way more out of a tutorial vid when the poster explains the why, when & how in detail over glorified background music.

Just my 2 cents :thumbup:

Edited by kingie chaser
  • Like 1