What would you buy for 45k?

anthman

Had a formula 15 which I would happily own again. Towed it to far north QLD, was used 50k offshore, estuaries and rivers. Built off a Haines 445 hull mould only much heavier duty , a real little workhorse. In fact the guy who makes the captain magazine sold his 550 prowler and bought a 445 Haines project after spending time in my formula, it's the current project boat appearing in the latest magazines.

Having owned many bigger boats, I have to say the most fun and use has always been from the smaller boats. Sold my formula 15 after two years and putting 600hrs on the new yam f70 which was perfect for that boat ( sold for $21000 bargain)

What I would be buying . New 2018 Wildsea 5.20 Centre console plate boat, 5mm bottom,4mm sides 5mm transom. No motor On trailer with the following extras, hydrolic steering,150ltr fuel tank, 120 ltr kill tank, 60lt bait tank, hard top with rod holders and grab rails, anchor well, carpet over alloy floor , wide side rails, 16 rod holders in total, bow rail, 8 switch panel, deck wash with flex hose, bait board with draw etc, under floor storage , compass, rear ladder. There's probably things I have forgot.

All this for under $20,000 then I would go and have a new ETec 115 motor fitted and some electronics and I recon you would come away with some change.

Frank

On 1/17/2019 at 11:53 AM, Berleyguts said:

Well, if you’re going to bring Lotto into it... 😂 when I win Powerball tonight (I’m trying to exude confidence😂), I might look at a 21 foot centre cabin. My boatport slab is 8.7m long. I could hang the motor(s) out the back and move the gate forward to get more length but the roof area is 21ft and I know the previous home owner had a 21ft Trojan centre cab before he downsized to a 17ft Trojan centre console. I don’t want to be pretentious so I’d probably stick to a 21 footer... but then, if I won Powerball, I’d probably just berth it at the marina down the road, park the trailer in storage and use the boatport for another car space. 😂😂😂

Well, clearly, I didn’t win Powerball!

Maybe I’ll just get a kayak...

• Like 1