Where are the crabs in Botany Bay?

adkel53

Fished and crabbed botany bay solo this morning. Only one crab from my regulation four nets and two traps placed around the Towra Point area. at the crack of dawn.  Pretty disappointing after getting seven there last week.

This summer we have struggled with the crabs in places that we generally do well. What do Raiders regard as the ideal tidal conditions  and/or moon phases for blue swimmers in the bay. Does the tidal difference (ie amount of flow) have any impact on results? What about water depth? Keen to hear people's opinions and experiences with the crabs this season.

The consolation prize this morning was four nice lizards between 49 and 51 cm. They took a Zmann Minnowz in Goldrush colour on a 1/4 oz jighead towards the end of the runout tide.

Hi adkel53... my favorite spot for blue swimmers is the start of Kogarah bay.....draw a line from St George motor boat club across to the northern side of Tom Uglys bridge..... set your pots there then you can have a drift between the bridges for flathead.... I find the run out tide the best....always fresh mullet for bait.....hope this helps abit...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, hotbite said:

Hi adkel53... my favorite spot for blue swimmers is the start of Kogarah bay.....draw a line from St George motor boat club across to the northern side of Tom Uglys bridge..... set your pots there then you can have a drift between the bridges for flathead.... I find the run out tide the best....always fresh mullet for bait.....hope this helps abit...

Just be careful of this area!

https://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0020/831521/botany-bay-kogarah-bay-closed-waters.pdf