Botany bay rat kings wed 16/1

Busy-livin

Gday all. Been a while. 

2 main things from this. 

1. You dont have to follow the crowd and pile into a 50x50m area.

2. Just enjoy! 

Got out today in syd after being away.. m5 sucks!! But anyway headed from the ramp at 630 and rounded molli point to shock horror 15 plus boats and kayaks. All stacked in like usual. So after seeing this I decided I was going to troll today.. why?!. Because:

A. Have you pulled and anchor up and down out of a vsea .. can not be bothered and..

B. Too bloody hot. 

So I hooked on the closest looking rapla I have that looks like a yakka in the 120 size( pictured below ) and off i went.. up and down the break wall.. across to bear island.. across the heads.. all whilst a cool breeze from moving along and tunes pumping ( I got some looks of wtf Haha).. but I was loving life! 

All in all i hit 8 rat kings which went from 55 to 62. Now most my success was further down from molli point where the graffiti on the wall says " will you marry me". Most times I'd just get going again and be already hooked up.. no boats near me at all. 

So what I learnt.. trust your sounder and local knowledge and you dont have to be following the others to be on fish.

A few hours in left them biting to get home to the dog and save her from the midday heat.

Cheers

20190116_093005.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the report & what you did is exactly what I was going to be doing next time out so its good to know its worked for someone as spending time getting livies etc & jostling for position amongst 20 other boats isn't what I would call fun!

Funny how they like to stick to that wall.

My line of travel may differ from yours but if I have no luck on my area I will give that a crack.

Might even be worth trying a larger model to try to get a legal size fish?

Im also looking forward to school holidays being over so midweek fishing can return to normal 😎

Cheers

Edited by kingie chaser
  • Like 1