The Bureau of Mythology

cogo44

Yet again, the weather forecast today on the majority of sites was way off. Despite wind warnings it never got over fourteen knots at North Head. Still, we must err on the side of caution and look forward to a future day’s fishing.

@raging, do you find GFS (US) forecast generally (far?) more reliable than BOMs?

It looks like Fishranger regards free GFS forecast more valuable than $13k p.a. BOMs forecast subscription as they show GFS  only to premium users :)

@savit fishraider may charge for gfs just because it’s harder to source then BOM but there are apps out there.

steve starling thinks gfs is more accurate, not sure if he has any affiliation with fish ranger though.

its hard to say which is more accurate more often. I look at both then just go fishing anyway - it’s more if I stay inside or head outside. 

Ok- if you had a look at the Wattamolla station which is a lot more exposed to the south (and to wind in general )that nth head - it showed 40 knots at 11am- which pretty much matched the forecast, the BOm is still the way to go- but learn how to read a weather map too!

14 hours ago, kingie chaser said:

Looks great but how does it work on predictions??

Look at the bottom of the screen and you'll see the days marked out.

You can either slide along to where you want to be or play it by clicking on the red triangle.

Note: I talking about using a PC, don't know how it looks on a mobile device.

• Like 1