12ft Rod for Rock Fishing ?

Constant

2 minutes ago, Sea Ranger said:

What are you targeting?

Bait or Lure?

What line/braid?

Bear

My previous rod was broken so just looking for replacment. So i caught not too big fish like bonito or kingfish.

Usually bait and only a few times lure.

Using braid but joining abt 4-5m of very thick mono/leader

1 hour ago, xerotao said:

Aerowave graphites are decent rods

I second that. Just pick the model to suit your application.  I have the three piece 13 foot heavy model and it is still light in the hand, casts big or small baits/weights easily and has heaps of grunt. If you don't need to throw big heavy baits then one of the lighter/smaller models would probably be more versatile for you. The 11 or 12 footer would be fine.

Edited by Captain Spanner

1 hour ago, Captain Spanner said:

I second that. Just pick the model to suit your application.  I have the three piece 13 foot heavy model and it is still light in the hand, casts big or small baits/weights easily and has heaps of grunt. If you don't need to throw big heavy baits then one of the lighter/smaller models would probably be more versatile for you. The 11 or 12 footer would be fine.

Thanks. Is there any diff between 2 pieces and 3 pieces model?

The two piece models will either be the old graphite series or the Composite Series (range under the Graphite Series).

The graphite ones will probably be lighter and have a more aggressive (faster) taper, they may be more brittle but i don't have an issue with this as i don't use mine as a hockey stick on the rocks. The other major difference is that the graphite ones have K Series Guides which i think is a massive plus. They tangle alot less when casting and whatever they are made of is very corrosion resistant.

We have one of the older series composites and love it. It is great for smaller to medium strip baits, is light in the hand and can handle big fish without hurting the angler.

1 hour ago, Constant said:

Thanks. Is there any diff between 2 pieces and 3 pieces model?

3 piece models are graphite models.

2 piece models come in fibre glass and graphite composite with being mostly graphite with a fibre glass tip

16 hours ago, Constant said:

Sorry too confused ... so the 3 piece is the one i should pick ?

Has anyone experience with Crucis  Surf 1228F? And how it compare to this Aerowave?

I have two Crucis travel rods. The 71047 and the 7244 models which are like 5-8kg and 2-4kg or somewhere near there. The quality is good and some have guides like k guides and some don't. Regardless of that, i would get an Aerowave Graphite. The three piece is so much easier to store and transport and the action is not effected at all.

There has been quite a few similar questions to this over the years (such as below link)  so do a search on here. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Constant said:

Thank you. I will check the Shimano even i think Crucis and Shimano have similar price tag.

That topic is exactly same as mind 🤣

Im sure Crucis is made my Lox. Lox had some warranty in regards to breakage. not so sure if Crucis has the same warranty