Eisen spike pro - for rock fishing shoes

Constant

This is what i use. I find it better than them rock spike neoprene boots. As i can wear my own comfy shoes over a neoprene boot that doesnt breathe well. 

And can you imagine a smelly sweaty foot after a fishing session? No thanks

1 hour ago, xerotao said:

This is what i use. I find it better than them rock spike neoprene boots. As i can wear my own comfy shoes over a neoprene boot that doesnt breathe well. 

Sound good man. I will try and seem only 1 place selling it ib Sydney. Will they last longer than spiky shoes?

Edited by Constant

Ok lets have some education on rock fishing footwear- metal of any kind is great around Sydney and points North and south until the sandstone runs out (mid north coast of NSW), after that on the granite ledges metal on the soles of your shoes will kill you faster than it takes me to write this. Rock hopper boots are Ok around Sydney but are expensive and wear out very quickly. IMHO you are still best off in a pair of cheap runner (mind you i still have 2 pairs of the old Kaydee plastic sandals) with cleats screwed to the bottom, I have cleats that are 30 years old and still grip the slime on top of sandstone just fine. On granite you need soft sole rubber touching the granite, i found hiking sandles to be the best. Getting back to the actual footwear you do want something that drains easily and that doesnt come off your foot- for me wearing a boot would be horribly uncomfortable.

I think they are stainless steel. Only had mine for about a year. No rust as i wash them afterwards. Seems to last longer than the neoprene spike boots. Also my okd beoprene boots, the spikes would push into the sole making it uncomfortable to walk in. But they lasted 3 years until the spikes were completely worn out

i only wear cleats/spikes on rock ledges with the slime/algae build up.

39 minutes ago, Constant said:

Sound good man. I will try and seem only 1 place selling it ib Sydney. Will they last longer than spiky shoes?

If its the store where i bought mine from. The boys there a friendly and their price are good too

6 hours ago, xerotao said:

There were (may be still are)  low neoprene spike boots on a market, so I presume they are not so hot. I think Alex B( the guide) is (or at least was) using both cleats over the mentioned low neoprene spike boots.

Had mine for about 4-5 years now. Best investment made. just wash them once in a while. ill tend to spray some inox on it too. Haven't had any rust on it due to maintaining it. I've seen some that are fairly bad condition but I also know these people don't really look after it. I've also seen a few where the rubber/plastic has broken which hold onto the metal, but can be easily fixed with some cable ties.

28 minutes ago, Rob81 said:

Had mine for about 4-5 years now. Best investment made. just wash them once in a while. ill tend to spray some inox on it too. Haven't had any rust on it due to maintaining it. I've seen some that are fairly bad condition but I also know these people don't really look after it. I've also seen a few where the rubber/plastic has broken which hold onto the metal, but can be easily fixed with some cable ties.

Yeah thats my concern as well. Thanks for the tip.

This is the similar one and its rubber look better. But need to put some effort to buy from there.

http://m.salewa.co.kr/salewa/ko/p/ABW16907C3