Finally a good catch of whiting

beachwormer

After a long break from fishing been getting back into it. Been using live worms and nippers and struggling to get 1 or 3 fish, sometimes nothing.

Then last Saturday night after the southerly died down, and then the following morning I got amongst them.

Bronte Beach. Rising tide, live beachworms, running sinker rig with 8 lb leader.

Been eating these all week.

Bloody good to know that you can still catch a great feed in the middle of Sydney. On Sunday morning I was plucking them out from in between about thirty surfers!

IMG_2041.JPG

IMG_2044.JPG

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, beachwormer said:

Yep. People find me too much hard work!!

Just so you know for next time mate, recreational bag limit for whiting is 10 per person and i count at least 13 in ur first image.

Always be mindful of the regs and rules ! Looks like that peroni worked a little too well !

Edited by GoingFishing
  • Confused 1

Jesus mate I must plead ignorance - I thought it was 20. That's how long it's been since I've been fishing.

I'll know for next time.

I thought people were impressed - my bad. They were telling me I did a bad thing.

Over and out.

Good luck everyone!

• Like 1

https://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/fishing/recreational/fishing-rules-and-regs/saltwater-bag-and-size-limits

OK members you need to be sure about what information you are posting on these threads. I am getting a little tired of people making public comments about captures and bag limits. If you mention DPI rules then add a link into your post. 

@Berleyguts and @GoingFishing where do you see 10 per person? 

If ANYONE is concerned about an illegal catch or any other issue then use the REPORT POST on any post or thread and that will be immediately sent to me and the moderating team. 

whiting.gif

13 minutes ago, beachwormer said:

Jesus mate I must plead ignorance - I thought it was 20. That's how long it's been since I've been fishing.

I'll know for next time.

I thought people were impressed - my bad. They were telling me I did a bad thing.

Over and out.

Good luck everyone!

You are absolutely correct beachwormer. Sorry and see my reply below.

@beachwormer It is time for me to eat humble pie. 😳 😳 I sincerely apologise mate. I wasn’t having a go at you. I genuinely thought you must have been fishing in company. For years, I’ve been stopping at 10 whiting and going home! 😞 😩 😳 I love whiting... I think I’ll hit the beach soon!

That was an excellent catch of whiting! Well done! I gather by your user name, that you catch your own beach worms too... great effort! I look forward to more reports from you... keep ‘em coming!

• Thanks 1