Minn Kota Battery Cable

Fishn50

Hi all,

I have purchased a second hand Minn Kota 55lbs Ipilot. I have installed it on my boat now I am confused as hell about what is the correct wire to run from the battery to the connected Anderson Plug?

I have to run a cable approx. 5.4m from the back of the boat to the front, I’ve looked online and Minn Kota say I need a 4 AWG rated battery cable to give the rated power needed. Problem is finding it?  All I can find is B&S rating at Whitworths which is different and they couldn't advise the correct one.

A 4AWG has a 21.14mm2 verse a 4B&S which is 20.26mm2.

I can’t find anyone who sells marine tinned battery cable in 4AWG except in the USA?

Please can you guys tell me what size cables you run and where you got them from? So long as they are a similar length to what I need. Thanks

I can’t help you with cable. My 55lb Minn Kota was fitted at the dealer when I bought my Stacer new but my deep cycle battery sits in the bow, under the casting platform, so not much of a run. I think Minn Kota is distributed in Oz by BLA. Maybe ring them for advice. They helped me with mine, also with my Humminbird sounder.

2 hours ago, Berleyguts said:

I can’t help you with cable. My 55lb Minn Kota was fitted at the dealer when I bought my Stacer new but my deep cycle battery sits in the bow, under the casting platform, so not much of a run. I think Minn Kota is distributed in Oz by BLA. Maybe ring them for advice. They helped me with mine, also with my Humminbird sounder.

Thanks for that, if i don`t get an answer on here then ill phone them.