bull sharks

pugzthugz

They are there alright, I recall a kayak being attacked some years ago now.

Large hook, multiple strand wire trace(which you can buy pre rigged), a large bait, heavy rod & reel, away you go!

If you want to see what people are using just type 'canal shark fishing' into the youtube search bar.

I have watched heaps of them!

Edited by kingie chaser
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, kingie chaser said:

They are there alright, I recall a kayak being attached some years ago now.

Large hook, multiple strand wire trace(which you can buy pre rigged), a large bait, heavy rod & reel, away you go!

If you want to see what people are using just type 'canal shark fishing' into the youtube search bar.

I have watched heaps of them!

good advice 

• 3 months later...
On 1/27/2019 at 8:16 AM, pugzthugz said:

thx guys

I have a setup for large bulls using a Shimano Tyrnos 30 with 500 metres of 50lb braid to a 150 - 200 metre top shot of 40lb mono. I'm keen for some big bulls next season around the middle harbour territory. Make sure your reel is decent you need lots of drag there are some heavy units out there that can spool even a strong reel. 

Just find an area where there is a big drop off and use some large mullet or eel as bait. 100 to 300lb multi strand wire trace with 1 or 2 large circle hooks (match the bait size). Circle hooks are important because sharks are important to the ecosystem so we don't want to hurt them, they also cause the shark to put up more of a fight. Plenty of berley, sharks can smell 1 part per million which means if you put one bucket of chum in then you are covering theoretically the area of 1 million buckets plus or minus current.