Anyone still breathing?

krause

Hi Krause,

Been a while mate. I'm still getting out on the kayak in the main harbour about once per week and went out on Middle Harbour with HenryR a few weeks back which he enjoyed.

Hope to head out with you one of these years.

Regards,

Derek

Work work and more work so I can get the build going on a new house. 

Been on the yak a total of 1......yep 1 time in the past 2 years 😂, and that was on Tuesday just gone. Bonnie's and kings firing in Port harbour... Was an arm breaking session and it'll be the last for the next 6 months 😭

Dereck, you mean to tell me henry the bastard is back fishing again and hasnt told me! Shame on him.

Lungfai i hit port the other weekend, lots of rats but no bonnies. Yet to see one this season and starting to get desperate

Other than that there are kings a plenty and there are masses of us in bb. Best avoided when possible imo ahahah its like a parking lot out of yarra

18 hours ago, krause said:

Dereck, you mean to tell me henry the bastard is back fishing again and hasnt told me! Shame on him.

It has only been sporadic. @HenryR's shoulder was still giving him trouble and now that he has been preparing for a new course heavy in mathematics he has had to get out for a study break here and there.

Krause, 

Bonnie's are firing out near the islands and come in sporactically at the moment, lots of rats but there are a few hoods which busted me off mixed in there. Bonnie's were taken on unweighted pillies out the back of the yak while kings on micro jigs. 

• Like 1

The car that had the roof racks was written off after the Sydney hail storms in December. Don't want to spend money on racks for the other car as I intend to sell it after its hail damage is fixed. Unfortunately that won't happen until first week of June. So no yak fishing for me until at least the second half of the year.

8 hours ago, sharknett said:

The car that had the roof racks was written off after the Sydney hail storms in December. Don't want to spend money on racks for the other car as I intend to sell it after its hail damage is fixed. Unfortunately that won't happen until first week of June. So no yak fishing for me until at least the second half of the year.

Get yourself a set of softracks, how I transport my yak

1 hour ago, sharknett said:

Not sure the roof of the car would support them without further damage, seems pretty thin.

Some of them are pretty thick. Those for surfboards are thinner. Though I would most  likely avoid soft ones  unless for short distances and low speed. 

2 hours ago, savit said:

Some of them are pretty thick. Those for surfboards are thinner. Though I would most  likely avoid soft ones  unless for short distances and low speed. 

I've used the travelling 100's of km at up to 110km/hr

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Krause,

Have not been yakking as much as I used too; last time would have been in November in Berowa creek for some bream and soapies. I'm in the middle of customizing a kayak trailer to fit my 2 hobies and my off-roading and camping gear. I can't be bothered lifting the kayak onto my car roof anymore haha.

Have been taking the boat out instead due to time constraints. Just 2 weeks ago had a great session in Botany bay at first light with bust ups everywhere infront of the 2 runways. Got into a good number of bonito, tailor, salmon and kings on the troll and micro jigs. And I had them all to myself as everyone else was at molineaux. 

Once I finish the kayak trailer would be good to arrange another session eh?

Cheers

Joe

• 4 weeks later...

Hi. I haven't been out much either. It seems like the yaks are getting heavier and harder to get onto the roof racks.  May need to think about getting a trailer soon!  And the summer that has just gone has been too hot to spend too much of it in the sun. And now that it has cooled down a bit, we have the 'rain' hah hah.... can't win. But at least the garden is enjoying itself....

Cheers,

Angela

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Another year gone, I guess its time to check in with the world again? I see the forum limps on. Who's keen for a meet? Not sure where, no area seems to suit everyone but I'm sure we can sort something out....

• Like 1

Still have fires around us, can see flames right now and huge plumes of smoke. Military and over 50 fire trucks in town and 500 firefighters moving in tonight for whats to come over the next few days with high temps and strong winds. 

Fishing has been the best I can remember for years, with plenty of kings from rats to 125cm. 85-95 being quite common. Marlin have also been in good numbers with 10 fish in two trips that my daughter was on over the weekend. Dolphin fish have also been plentiful. Water restrictions at level 4 here ( Narooma).

Sold my boat, bought a boat but due to constant road closures picking up the new one from Melbourne and getting the old one delivered is proving tricky.

17 hours ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

Yes the kayakers must have all got big boats now!

No, just a bigger kayak. Gotta hold onto that man vs wild title ;) 

Ill post something up in the gen chat and see if i can stir up some attention.

JD, horrible to hear your situation. Ive only just returned to the country and am still getting to fully understand the reach and scale of what has happened. Just hoping everyone stays safe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1