krause

Anyone still breathing?

Its been a while.... anyone still here? 5 posts for 2018, must have been a ripper haha. Whos doing what these days?

• Haha 1

The fishing in Sydney Harbour for the kings has been one of the best for years lots of fish the jewfish also are on the seen the fishing is so good

Hi Krause,

Been a while mate. I'm still getting out on the kayak in the main harbour about once per week and went out on Middle Harbour with HenryR a few weeks back which he enjoyed.

Hope to head out with you one of these years.

Regards,

Derek

Work work and more work so I can get the build going on a new house. 

Been on the yak a total of 1......yep 1 time in the past 2 years 😂, and that was on Tuesday just gone. Bonnie's and kings firing in Port harbour... Was an arm breaking session and it'll be the last for the next 6 months 😭

You will find a heap of posts from guys who 'yak' in the general fishing reports as well!

I see plenty of them out in botany bay every time I'm out there!

Dereck, you mean to tell me henry the bastard is back fishing again and hasnt told me! Shame on him.

Lungfai i hit port the other weekend, lots of rats but no bonnies. Yet to see one this season and starting to get desperate

Other than that there are kings a plenty and there are masses of us in bb. Best avoided when possible imo ahahah its like a parking lot out of yarra

just upgraded my Yak about a month ago been aiming to get out on it at least twice a week

What yak?

18 hours ago, krause said:

Dereck, you mean to tell me henry the bastard is back fishing again and hasnt told me! Shame on him.

It has only been sporadic. @HenryR's shoulder was still giving him trouble and now that he has been preparing for a new course heavy in mathematics he has had to get out for a study break here and there.

Krause, 

Bonnie's are firing out near the islands and come in sporactically at the moment, lots of rats but there are a few hoods which busted me off mixed in there. Bonnie's were taken on unweighted pillies out the back of the yak while kings on micro jigs. 

• Like 1

On 2/1/2019 at 6:43 AM, krause said:

What yak?

had an internet cheapie upgraded to an Old town vapor 10 love it, like paddling a cloud

• Like 1

The car that had the roof racks was written off after the Sydney hail storms in December. Don't want to spend money on racks for the other car as I intend to sell it after its hail damage is fixed. Unfortunately that won't happen until first week of June. So no yak fishing for me until at least the second half of the year.

8 hours ago, sharknett said:

The car that had the roof racks was written off after the Sydney hail storms in December. Don't want to spend money on racks for the other car as I intend to sell it after its hail damage is fixed. Unfortunately that won't happen until first week of June. So no yak fishing for me until at least the second half of the year.

Get yourself a set of softracks, how I transport my yak

On 2/5/2019 at 11:12 PM, dirvin21 said:

Get yourself a set of softracks, how I transport my yak

Not sure the roof of the car would support them without further damage, seems pretty thin.

1 hour ago, sharknett said:

Not sure the roof of the car would support them without further damage, seems pretty thin.

Some of them are pretty thick. Those for surfboards are thinner. Though I would most  likely avoid soft ones  unless for short distances and low speed. 

2 hours ago, savit said:

Some of them are pretty thick. Those for surfboards are thinner. Though I would most  likely avoid soft ones  unless for short distances and low speed. 

I've used the travelling 100's of km at up to 110km/hr

Hi Krause,

Have not been yakking as much as I used too; last time would have been in November in Berowa creek for some bream and soapies. I'm in the middle of customizing a kayak trailer to fit my 2 hobies and my off-roading and camping gear. I can't be bothered lifting the kayak onto my car roof anymore haha.

Have been taking the boat out instead due to time constraints. Just 2 weeks ago had a great session in Botany bay at first light with bust ups everywhere infront of the 2 runways. Got into a good number of bonito, tailor, salmon and kings on the troll and micro jigs. And I had them all to myself as everyone else was at molineaux. 

Once I finish the kayak trailer would be good to arrange another session eh?

Cheers

Joe

Hi. I haven't been out much either. It seems like the yaks are getting heavier and harder to get onto the roof racks.  May need to think about getting a trailer soon!  And the summer that has just gone has been too hot to spend too much of it in the sun. And now that it has cooled down a bit, we have the 'rain' hah hah.... can't win. But at least the garden is enjoying itself....

Cheers,

Angela

• Like 1