Koof Boat Trailers?

mtlg

Hi,

I was given the advice to consider a new trailer instead of repairing my decaying one. Done a bit of research and I'm leaning towards a Koof galvanised boat trailer.

Everything looks good to my eyes, but then again.. I dont know much about trailers and I probably wouldn't be able to tell a dud from a decent one if I had them in front of me.

Has anyone had any experience or heard any stories about these?

Thanks

• Like 1

My opinion is to just look at all that are available & do a quality comparison.

I bought a Dunbier a few years ago & now looking at it it is not a very well finished off trailer at all, the LED lights have gone & need replacing(out of warranty of course).

Look at the finer details like the actual galvanising on all components including the wheels(mine are flaking now), the quality of the LED's.

Then compare them to other makers! 

• Like 2

Thanks for the advice. Guess I'll do a bit on research on galvanized and try and spot the difference for myself.

Realistically all i need is something that will give me a low amount of headaches over the next 5 years, so I couldn't convince myself on the extra money for aluminum after reading so many horror stories about metal to metal corrosion.

I made alloy trailers over 20 years ago and the one that I am still in contact with is still going strong, no cracks no corrosion and it's travelled all over the country. Alloy will probably last a life time, springs, lights and tyres will have to be replaced over time but the frame will keep on keeping on.

I put Alko independent suspension on my trailers so no issues with springs either.

Frank