Whats your dream boat

GoingFishing

I love reading the reviews on boatsales and articles in club marine etc where I often imagine what kind of boat I would own if money wasn't an issue.

For me I've had a dream of reaching some of the offshore seamounts such as the Gascoyne 560km east of Sydney. I don't like the idea of big fuel burning vessels even if money wasn't an issue, the plannet doesn't need it.

Small boats in the 8-10m built with extended fuel capacity such as naird boats like maritime and marine rescue use are more my kind of boat. Twin economic engines, which could be in the form of the new diesel outboards entering the market. These new outboards are providing far more torque and around 3 times the economy.

The outer reaches of the barrier reef would also rate highly for me, another area this kind of boat would be in its element. Maybe a walk around bow section to still be able to sight cast to fish.

Being able to do a little research with different groups would also be interesting too.

• Like 1

36 OR 42 ' Steber moored at Bermagui OR even a old Howard 26-32' . Had a few large boats moored and didn't use them much but now in my receeding years I imagine myself out in my 36 ' er eating prawns and sipping coffee with a gentle sea  breeze just pushing along with the tide.

Frank

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, frankS said:

36 OR 42 ' Steber moored at Bermagui OR even a old Howard 26-32' . Had a few large boats moored and didn't use them much but now in my receeding years I imagine myself out in my 36 ' er eating prawns and sipping coffee with a gentle sea  breeze just pushing along with the tide.

Frank

Have you seen the marina improvements in Bermi lately?  Certainly sounds very appealing, Bermi has become a gem over the last few years.

• Like 1

My dream boat consist of, it cannot corrode or be damaged at all, the outboard runs on thin air and nothing else - and it never needs a service, and all of the fish I would like to catch are attracted to it like moths to a porch light... and maybe my wife would actually love it too 😁 

Anyone know where I can find one please? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I’m pretty easily pleased and love my current 5m Seafarer V-Sea, butif money and storage was not a problem, I would love a Seafarer Voyger.

There would also be a number of other boats on the wish list. Be hard to make up your mind

I bought my dream boat, the only problem now is I am starting to dream again about a bigger boat.

P.s

I do like the Brig Navigator 610

The wife wants a toilet and maybe a bed on the next one, she is dreaming bigger than me.

Edited by jeffb5.8
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Scratchie said:

7.4 Formosa Tomahawk offshore centre cab. 

Ohhhhh 😴😴😴

I almost bought one Jeff!!! (In the 6m version)

In fact,  i visited the Sydney dealer twice and asked for a quote but didnt get one..he was only interested in selling me his floor stock and wasnt interested in getting one custom ordered for me to my spec. 

I wrote an email to Duncan Formosa and discussed the situation with him when he rung me back personally!

The Canberra and Lismore dealers are the go for Formosa!

Edited by GoingFishing
  • Like 2

Guest Guest123456789
On 2/6/2019 at 8:12 PM, GoingFishing said:

I almost bought one Jeff!!! (In the 6m version)

In fact,  i visited the Sydney dealer twice and asked for a quote but didnt get one..he was only interested in selling me his floor stock and wasnt interested in getting one custom ordered for me to my spec. 

I wrote an email to Duncan Formosa and discussed the situation with him when he rung me back personally!

The Canberra and Lismore dealers are the go for Formosa!

Do you realise that dealer might not have been in a financial position to order in more stock? Could be cash flow problems, on credit hold with the supplier, any number of reasons.

21 minutes ago, flatheadluke said:

Do you realise that dealer might not have been in a financial position to order in more stock? Could be cash flow problems, on credit hold with the supplier, any number of reasons.

Not sure what you mean by all this mate..... no i did not realise. And i dont think im expected to.

Any person who visits a boat dealer and asks for a quote would expect what everyone else is offering....a boat ordered to your spec.....if one fitting that spec so happens to be on the floor then great....if not...thatl be 10-12 weeks wait and a negotiated deposit sir..... 

• Like 2

Guest Guest123456789
34 minutes ago, GoingFishing said:

Not sure what you mean by all this mate..... no i did not realise. And i dont think im expected to.

Any person who visits a boat dealer and asks for a quote would expect what everyone else is offering....a boat ordered to your spec.....if one fitting that spec so happens to be on the floor then great....if not...thatl be 10-12 weeks wait and a negotiated deposit sir..... 

Youre entitled to be disappointed. You’d feel worse if he took your deposit then went into receivership. I’m sure he would have taken your order for a new boat if he could have.

Gees i reckon you lot lack ambition ! Money no object was the statement SOOOO- 100-120ft Ocean going mothership with fully kitted out 42 ft O Brien gamefishing boat-or maybe a CABO 41 or stuff it maybe both!A couple of flats boats as tenders or maybe a 25 ft Contender and what the hell- a couple of kayaks in case I get time to exercise while plonked out on some remote pacific atoll . Fun thinking anyway!

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, PaddyT said:

Gees i reckon you lot lack ambition ! Money no object was the statement SOOOO- 100-120ft Ocean going mothership with fully kitted out 42 ft O Brien gamefishing boat-or maybe a CABO 41 or stuff it maybe both!A couple of flats boats as tenders or maybe a 25 ft Contender and what the hell- a couple of kayaks in case I get time to exercise while plonked out on some remote pacific atoll . Fun thinking anyway!

And of course, a full crew to operate it, plus chefs, a barman and a butler???

Edited by Berleyguts
  • Haha 1