Whats your dream boat

GoingFishing

On 2/6/2019 at 7:47 AM, antonywardle said:

McLay 611 CrossXover Hardtop

mclay.jpg.82aeeee915fd2d7f50342021fb93a061.jpg

$69,990 sounds a lot but  Some 4WD's are approaching that price now ( Wildtrack / Hilux etx) and that probably wouldn't get you much at a Quintrex dealer

• Thanks 1

Arvor boats are stunning rigs but I've never been on one and after owning a few plate alloy boats, I would not go back to glass.

I've never been on a Profile as they're quiet rare here as there is no NSW dealer and they're very dear - even more so than the Stabis. Also they don't have any Center Cab options. But they certainly have a good reputation.

• 8 months later...

I have my dream boat but it now needs to be the bigger version a Sailfish S8 Platinum but I do not have $250k which mind you I would pay in a heart beat given the opportunity so I will settle with my 6m Reef Runner.

On top of that there is the cost of the truck to tow it Dodge Ram or F250 so throw in another $120k plus the mods I would make to the boat and call it a cool $400k there we go, done and dusted

For those who have not experienced a twin hull once you do you won't go back in my opinion.

Sailfish Deal Done wit Dave Daws.jpg

• Like 1

On 2/21/2019 at 9:09 AM, blindmullet said:

Arvour 850 weekender diesel. Been salivating over these for a while, saw one at the boat show, spectacular. Look em up  

I been looking at them too but the top speed is a worry.  the smaller ones max out at 15-16 knots!  Some guys put bigger diesel donks in them but still only get 22 knots out of them.  I guess its just how a displacement hull goes.  

On 2/21/2019 at 6:21 PM, Ravinggg said:

Arvor boats are stunning rigs but I've never been on one and after owning a few plate alloy boats, I would not go back to glass.

I've never been on a Profile as they're quiet rare here as there is no NSW dealer and they're very dear - even more so than the Stabis. Also they don't have any Center Cab options. But they certainly have a good reputation.

What do you like about the plate alloy boats compared to fibreglass?

5 hours ago, the skipper said:

I have my dream boat but it now needs to be the bigger version a Sailfish S8 Platinum but I do not have $250k which mind you I would pay in a heart beat given the opportunity so I will settle with my 6m Reef Runner.

On top of that there is the cost of the truck to tow it Dodge Ram or F250 so throw in another $120k plus the mods I would make to the boat and call it a cool $400k there we go, done and dusted

For those who have not experienced a twin hull once you do you won't go back in my opinion.

Sailfish Deal Done wit Dave Daws.jpg

Our VMR rescue boat is a 10m catamaran and im not sold on it.  We are planning on going back to a mono hull RIB.  They tip and sway way too much in rough weather.  Feels like they are going to tip over!

1 hour ago, Fishop said:

Our VMR rescue boat is a 10m catamaran and im not sold on it.  We are planning on going back to a mono hull RIB.  They tip and sway way too much in rough weather.  Feels like they are going to tip over!

yes mate they take some getting use to but I am a fan at the moment.

My little Kevlarcat 5.2 eats Barcrushers for breakfast 🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩😜😜😜

Most people driving a twin powered cat need to throttle down the inside motor when turning , for a smooth transition of the crew through the turn. They will drop a hull in a chop running beam on too.

But they are just safe , comfortable and stable.

Guest Guest123456789

A stacer 429 rampage with wide gunnels fishing by yourself in an estuary. Boy they’re a lot of fun - I can think of no other vessel better suited to one man estuary fishing. And I prefer it to offshore fishing (and all the unavoidable hassle that brings no matter how large the boat or how many crew).

22E8AEDA-4D09-4D81-93BD-B7ACF22D8A66.jpeg