Nambucca- Moderaters session!

Scratchie

G’day raiders, 

Just a quick report from today! 

Got to team up with @dirvin21 for a short session throwing sps and hard bodies at his local, the Nambucca River. 

A0C6C554-0005-40C3-9854-EE4911CBF51C.thumb.jpeg.2472c83bd426395678c8a990b663ca48.jpeg

Dave was kind enough to supply me a yak and we met up at a gentleman hour of 9am and in the water by 930. 

After a short paddle to our intended area, we begin to cast. We both manage a few touches on sps, then suddenly I hook up! Not a monster but a little flatty and that one is safely returned. 

00A9C32B-50E5-4B1B-86F0-EAE10C34B12B.thumb.jpeg.633e044261cbdee5971fb1e6cf23b799.jpeg

Next I can see from a distance Dave is on and the call of another flatty. He released it before I could get a pic but I believe him! Haha 🤣 

607EA984-5EB0-4D76-9C68-77947BCBFE4F.thumb.jpeg.3fba2839b7d2637016afe648d2cf5a9e.jpeg

We then reset the drift and the wind was really kicking up. After every cast we kept getting pushed on towards our intended target which made Fishing a little tough! We switched to hard bodies and Dave was first on, a little bream! I didn’t get a pic as he released it again, I believe him! Haha 🤣

Then conditions got worse and it was very difficult managing to cast and keep the yak steady, but we persisted and Dave rows up to me and this time shows me a Moses perch he caught!!! 

A quick discussion at this point and the call was to finish the drift which was nearly finished and call it quits. 

So two casts later Dave has packed up and I make the call of the day. “Dave, last cast for me and if I land it in between those two trees I’ll get one! 

Cast............ bullseye! And one twitch later zzzzzzzzzzzzzz. I’m on! I managed to pull the fish out and a nice healthy bream to finish the day off! 

Well, almost finish the day! Because we ended early it was time for a nice cold beverage before we parted ways! 

Thanks a heap champion! Your generosity was as much  appreciated as the cold beer we had over looking the mighty Nambucca!!! 

Cheers scratchie!!! 

• Like 11

17 hours ago, Blackfish said:

Excellent you guys, great report.

Cheers mate! 

17 hours ago, dirvin21 said:

Cheers for a good day scratchie, looking forward to the next time, hopefully old red satan will come out to play

Great day Dave! Good to get some casting practice in! 

16 hours ago, masterfisho7 said:

Top report well done lads

Thank you

14 hours ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

Awwwww lovely to see our mods fishing together and reporting.

Looks like a great day out guys.

Thanks Donna! Lovely pleasant paddle. 

6 hours ago, rickmarlin62 said:

Sounds like a fun session  good onya dave  great report jeff

Cheers rick! 

40 minutes ago, Rebel said:

Great report and photos.

Cheers mate! 

18 hours ago, Regan said:

Looks like you had a great time up there scratchie

Dave is a great guy that has given me alot of info for fishing at nambucca and has put me onto some good fish

You'll have to come back for a yak session mate

• Like 1