lost keys

frankS

I lost my keys somewhere between the road out the front of my place and/or somewhere in the house or back yard sheds.

Been looking all day long and tend to search the same spots a hundred times.

To get a replacement I have to have the car towed to a dealer and they have to re code a new set of keys, god knows how much that's gonna cost me ?.

It's an old 2006 commodore so I thought they would be able to do it via the V I N number but they say they need the car there.

If I haven't found them by Monday I will have to bite the bullet and get it towed to a dealer.

Meanwhile my better half is taking her car to Ulladulla tomorrow so I will be the week end without wheels.

Frank

2 hours ago, noelm said:

You should be able to get a key, a proper locksmith can probably help? My Hilux key broke and a local locksmith made a key and reprogrammed it, all for under $50.

Keep that guys number!

I picked up the wrong keys as I headed out my front door not long ago & locked myself out of my apartment with no wallet & no mobile.

Used the local chemists phone to call a local locksmith who arrived 20 minutes later,  60 seconds & 2 locks picked & Im in :thumbup:

$150 later I wont be doing that again...………………….😏

$2.50 per second, think Im in the wrong trade  😖

Edited by kingie chaser
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, frankS said:

All is good. Found them in a pot plant under the letter box, must have dropped them when I checked the mail.

Thanks for the advise and I will see a locksmith and get a spare done.

Frank

Good news, like the saying goes ' Always in the last place '

1 hour ago, kingie chaser said:

Keep that guys number!

I picked up the wrong keys as I headed out my front door not long ago & locked myself out of my apartment with no wallet & no mobile.

Used the local chemists phone to call a local locksmith who arrived 20 minutes later,  60 seconds & 2 locks picked & Im in :thumbup:

$150 later I wont be doing that again...………………….😏

$2.50 per second, think Im in the wrong trade  😖

I did that to a unit i used to live in... never again. Very next day i got a lock that does finger print, pin and phone unlock...

In a house not and that's the first thing i did.. changed the locks to electronic... no more keys wish i could do the same to my car easily lol

• Like 1

13 hours ago, connico said:

I did that to a unit i used to live in... never again. Very next day i got a lock that does finger print, pin and phone unlock...

In a house not and that's the first thing i did.. changed the locks to electronic... no more keys wish i could do the same to my car easily lol

Smart houses are the way to go ;)