Insane Yellowfin session

AI fella

Headed to the peak for a jig but it was very quiet , changed plans and started to troll for Marlin ,only took 5 minutes and we hooked up to a small black but the hook didnt stick

Reports came through on the radio that the yellowfin were going nuts at the Canyons...and there were birds and tuna just going berserk once we arrived, 3 fish all about 45kg in 30 minutes   some fish getting airborne 😁 it was an amazing sight to see ,

After a quiet year today made up for it

Cheers , Gareth

20190215_122748.jpg

• Like 13

Nice yella there Gareth, on a trolled lure I assume? I have only caught 10kg models, so it Would of been cool seeing big bags of cement flying out the water, I'm going out tomoro from the hacking , hopefully we find em! 

Yes, all 3 on the old faithfull lumo sprocket in green, some reason they love green, we only used one rod as there were boats everywhere,  a 90kg model was lost so make sure your using 30 wide reels 27kg, a big blue was hooked in 1500 fathoms but the boys dropped it, hope the longliners didnt smash the school last night , south of the Canyons,  find the birds , tight lines all 😎, cheers all, G

20190215_131711.jpg

• Like 3

Whatever it weighs it’s a nice fish and they all go hard for their size regardless!

I have caught them up to 35kg and they were great fighting fish on a popping rod and spinning reel with 15kg drag!! Hardest fight of my life. Any heavier and I would have had to tap out.

Very envious that you have the boat to get out there. Top session, well done!

• 3 weeks later...