Port Stephens- just had to wet a line!

Scratchie

G’day raiders, 

Just a quick report from this arvo. 

Had the opportunity to get out with Woodsy for a couple of hours after work today! 

The champ had already caught  a heap of livies before he picked me up so we headed straight for Broughton! 

Drifted the sisters with plenty of bait present but no fish so we moved on! 

Hit our next mark and the bait was present again but no real takers! We persisted and I managed a couple of pannies which were returned and Woodsy had a couple of enquiries. 

There was only enough time for a couple of more drifts before the southerly hit and a change of sp was all that was needed. Cast out and got nailed, this thing used every bit of the current and put up a good fight until it was well netted by Woodsy! A couple of pics and time to cast again! 

Next cast, I barely had time to put the bail arm over and was absolutely hammered by another red that nearly ripped the rod out my hand. Tried to wind and set the hook but unfortunately this brut got the better of me! By now the wind had kicked up strong and it was time to pack up! 

Great couple of hours on the water with Woodsy that was very much needed to clear the soul. 

I gave Woodsy the fish as he supplied me plenty on my dry spell last year! 😝

Thanks for reading......

Cheers scratchie!!! 

AEAE57E5-4C2F-4144-8AAB-C8715D5C80D1.thumb.jpeg.7321ff6700b7bb2c998f9d1ed66d6b72.jpeg

• Like 20
  • Haha 1

The headline - "just had to wet a line."

I can see it now - Scratchie dragged kicking and screaming to the boat, hands held up behind his back, screaming, "I don't want to go fishing." :074:

Nice fish there Scratchie, anyone would be happy with that reddie.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Great fish, Jeff! Got your mojo back! Can’t wait to get out there myself! I’m on holidays now and close to getting my “tasks” finished around home. But, of course, as always seems to happen, the weather doesn’t look like it wants to play ball! 😡

570F91C4-AA1D-4C61-9DD1-5B251CD1CB41.jpeg

9 hours ago, Berleyguts said:

Great fish, Jeff! Got your mojo back! Can’t wait to get out there myself! I’m on holidays now and close to getting my “tasks” finished around home. But, of course, as always seems to happen, the weather doesn’t look like it wants to play ball! 😡

Mate i get a headache just thinking about your never ending tasks 😂😂😂😂

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, frankS said:

Well done, a good few hours well spent. Nice fish that one. Always good to see guys getting a feed.

Thanks for sharing and keep up the good work.

Frank

Cheers Frank. Always good to see a nice one hit the deck! 

15 hours ago, P_Konrad said:

Congardulations, what a ripper. This one of the things I love about Fishraider. A very nice fish.

Paul 😎

Thanks Paul. Not a bad pannie! 

15 hours ago, T_Bert83 said:

Awesome work Scratchie ripper fish. Hopefully there are a few around in a couple of weeks can’t wait to get up there. Cheers,

Trav 

Cheers Trav. Year round snapper fishing up here! I bet you can’t wait. Gods country up here! 

14 hours ago, Yowie said:

The headline - "just had to wet a line."

I can see it now - Scratchie dragged kicking and screaming to the boat, hands held up behind his back, screaming, "I don't want to go fishing." :074:

Nice fish there Scratchie, anyone would be happy with that reddie.

Haha Yowie. Believe you me, I found it really to go!!! 😝😝😝

14 hours ago, masterfisho7 said:

What a great fish well done

Thank you 

13 hours ago, rickmarlin62 said:

Nice work jeff

Cheers Rick. Lost a cracker too! 😩

13 hours ago, GoingFishing said:

Cracking red as always Jeff. 

Good to get out for a quick session mid week. Hows the game fishing off port still quiet?

Thanks Sam. Still quiet off Port. This sourtherly should stir things up a bit! 

8 hours ago, 61 crusher said:

Good fish and report, shame woodsy didn’t get one before the southerly spoilt your session, is that a bit of midnight oil I can see hanging out of its  gob

Yeah I feel for Woodsy! 😝

Mate, no to rub it in but it was one of Woodsys plastics too! Haha 🤣Yes motor oil 7inch shad zman! 

12 hours ago, Berleyguts said:

570F91C4-AA1D-4C61-9DD1-5B251CD1CB41.jpeg

Thanks Baz!

I think Sam summed it up though............

(Mate i get a headache just thinking about your never ending tasks 😂😂😂😂)

Haha 🤣🤣🤣

I hope you manage at least some time on the water! 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, GoingFishing said:

@Berleyguts baz mate. Life is short. The housework will never end, just like all other types of work. It will be there tomorrow.

Your lucky enough to live in one of the best fisheries in the world !!! 

Take a break ! Go fishing !

Spot on @GoingFishing !

Fish the good days, work around the house shity days.

At least thats my philosophy 😊

Nice fish scratchie, you know your spoilt when you stary calling a fish like that 'a pannie' 😂

Edited by kingie chaser
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, rickmarlin62 said:

Lost two fish on sat morn jeff  pulled hook on one and got well an truly bricked by another  they are there just have to keep tryin

That’s it ay mate! Definitely there, just need a bit of luck sometimes! 

6 hours ago, Scratchie said:

Thanks Baz!

I think Sam summed it up though............

(Mate i get a headache just thinking about your never ending tasks 😂😂😂😂)

Haha 🤣🤣🤣

I hope you manage at least some time on the water! 

To be fair, many of the tasks are those I’ve set myself... part of maintaining and improving our biggest investment - the home. The biggest task I have, however, is sorting out nearly 30 years of stuff I have collected and have trouble throwing out! I have so much stuff!!! 😲😂 Maybe I can just rent a self storage unit and shove it in there... garage and sheds tidy and I can go fishing! 😂 One of the jobs I did today was to repair the market umbrella I use to shade the wife’s home office window until I get around to installing shade sails. After I stitched the hole up with some whipping twine, I wound that sucker up and down several times to test it... closest thing I’ve heard to a fishing reel for a while!!! 😂😂😂 Maybe next week when the seas drop off... I do have to split my spare time between fishing and music. Will be performing a few songs this Sunday at the local bowlo. 🎼😎🎸

8 hours ago, Scratchie said:

Haha, it was a bit better than a pannie! 

I'll say!

Mind you at work I use pans or cooking vessels that you can fit a whole beef steer into.

But in the home front anything you fit into a 30cm pan to me is a 'pannie' 😉

So more like a 'paella pannie' maybe 😅

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ka-Ching said:

Nice snaps there mate!

What a life... an afternoon up at the island having fun getting stretched :)

Looked like he crunched that plastic.

Well done as usual!

Cheers mate

Thanks Dan! Sad to here your stuck at a desk!!

port should fire in the next two weeks!