Prawn net replacement

Toilor

Made the mistake of using the prawn scoop net as a landing net and had to cut the lure out every fish I caught leaving it full of holes.  Wondering how to thread on the replacement. It appears the frame is somehow pressed onto the handle. Is there a trick to removing the head of the net from the handle without cutting anything?

Could be a problem depending on what sort of net base you want to repair, some have pop rivets holding them together , some are crimped , and some have no logical way of separating the frame so you can thread the replacement net onto the frame. Might have to sew the net onto the frame but usually there is a way, try and load a photo of the net where it is joined.

Might be easier just to buy a complete new net, but as I said usually a way to do it.

Shame you are so far away from me as I have a few nets here and my prawning days are finished so you could have one of mine, but not worth posting to you, if you know someone in Sydney that is willing to pick it up from Berala and get it to you , you could have one. But for now post a photo and we will see if we can help you get that net fixed.

Frank 

I buy the normal prawning nets and replace them with a longer net that I buy at Toukley.

You remove the pop rivets or cut just below the crimp thread the net onto the aluminium frame and put the two ends into the handle you flatten the handle end so the two pieces go in and pop rivet it. I then put insulation tape around so there are sharp points.

On the end of the net I thread a 3mm cord with a cord clamp (can't think of the name) so when you have your prawns in the bottom you undo the clamp and they fall into your bucket remember to do the cord up again, this is the easiest way I found to get you prawns out.

The prawning gurus at  The Entrance showed all of this they are great bunch.