Port Stephens trip

MacLon

There have been some reports of rats along the NB breakwall, inside on the marina side too. There are occasionally some hoodlums amongst them. Live squid floated out around first/last light might do the trick. You could also try slow trolling a live slimy, yakka or squid along the wall. Some guys also try stick baits.

4 hours ago, Berleyguts said:

There have been some reports of rats along the NB breakwall,

Lol I know its the terminology for Kings but it just the way you wrote it that reminded me of quite a few times as a kid seeing real rats the size of domestic cat while fishing off the wall.

The biggest rats to date I have ever seen!

Havent seen them for a while but the coop & surrounding area is a lot different now, no traps all over the place etc.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, kingie chaser said:

Lol I know its the terminology for Kings but it just the way you wrote it that reminded me of quite a few times as a kid seeing real rats the size of domestic cat while fishing off the wall.

The biggest rats to date I have ever seen!

Havent seen them for a while but the coop & surrounding area is a lot different now, no traps all over the place etc.

Years ago, I fought a few real rats on 1 and 2 kilo from the Cook’s River breakwall. I landed one once... I wish I’d busted it off! I hate the dirty things!