Head cams for video work

masterfisho7

Hi Fishraiders does any of you use head cams for fishing I got one and trying to use it am finding it a bit hard in getting it working at first I didn't press the two bottoms so no footage worked that out of the way now footage getting there slow will kept trying just want to do a fishing vid.

52920565_2111479412272378_1842003746884681728_n.jpg

53008413_2111480008938985_2798681267955040256_n.jpg

Edited by masterfisho7

Just my opinion, but I find that there are a few people out there who suffer from motion  sickness when viewing footage from head mounted cameras... to much movement I believe. I use a chest mount instead and it seems to do the trick for those who are a bit more sensitive to watching action camera footage. Go with what works best for you though.

Cheers Ojay

• Thanks 1

Not sure about those cameras, but the gopro sessions are nice and small & simple to use, no need for a waterproof housing as it is already waterproof.  The sessions is more of a basic camera compared to proper gopros but at the same time I find the full gopro too bulky to have on my head. Its lighter/smaller and generally cheaper than a standard GoPro.

Also, the above comment is true, you move your head often and fast and you probably don't realise this until you reviewed your video. The way around is as above suggested, using a chest mount, or the other way is to have something in the video that is always there that doesn't move too much. For example, I wear a cap and you can see a part of the cap throughout the video and it does not move around. You'd be surprise that this actually makes a difference in how dizzy you get while watching it.

I've also had footage of the camera mounted on my rod, where you can view the rod, during a cast, you don't get dizzy watching it.

also forgot to mention it’s one button to press to start recording

Edited by Rob81
  • Thanks 1