Fishing

scoggs1

Hi just want to know if anyone can help me out, I am down at Moruya trying to fish the river and I don’t know what I am doing wrong as I cannot catch any fish. I have tried using worms, prawns,  all types of lures and nothing, not sure if I’m doing something wrong so I am asking for help on this, many thanks 

Scott

There is a million possibilities, first off, what size line are you using, are you standing on the shore and casting as far as you can, are you fishing flats or channels, is anyone else catching anything, the answer to some of those questions might help.

4 minutes ago, noelm said:

There is a million possibilities, first off, what size line are you using, are you standing on the shore and casting as far as you can, are you fishing flats or channels, is anyone else catching anything, the answer to some of those questions might help.

Standing on shore bank casting as far as I can.

• Thanks 1

OK, that's the first mistake, fish will hang around structure, they will be close to jetties, rock walls, small feeder creeks and sand banks, concentrate in those sort of areas, fish right up on the sand flats with Nippers or worms on a rising tide, and look for drains running off the sand banks as the tide drops, they are prime Flathead locations, what size line and sinker?

Edited by noelm
Typo

No point fishing where.the.fish aren't!

You do have to do some exploring to find where they hang out.

As.mentioned some species like bream like structure while flathead like a mostly sandy bottom so it depends what you want to catch.

Burleying can attract fish but not where they dont really want to be.

Edited by kingie chaser