After Work Flick

ScottJ77

Thought I might head to the Harbour (Northwood) for a quick soft plastic session on the way home from work yesterday with my 1-3kg Shimano AX 7ft (kids rod) with a Shimano Sienna 2500FE running 6lb Fireline braid and 12lb leader.

Never had a single fish on a soft plastic. Got about a 35cm flattie and as I got him in, slipped on a wet rock and dropped him in a 4" x 10' gutter where he spat the 3" Savage Gear Fat Curltail in Motor Oil and the bugger just swam off before I could scoop him up again.

Kept flicking for another 20 minutes or so with no luck, so moved down about 50m. About 6 casts in hooked this lovely beast. On 6lb braid and a 2500 reel, it was good fun! Had to remind myself to stay calm and let her do the work to tire herself out. All the while cursing at my braid not to bloody snap! Once I saw her, I knew it was a PB for me.

Got her in and was happy to have dropped the 35cm specimen to take her home.

Needless to say, I am now converted to plastics!

Went 55cm and tasted divine with some chilli, garlic, ginger and lemon.

P.S. I gave 2 weeks notice at work on Wednesday, is it wrong to now do half days and fish EVERY afternoon?? 🤣

Capture.PNG

• Like 6

Well done Scott, but don't give up your day job :074:

Sorry thought it was an apt joke 🙄

Yeh Im a plastic convert for many years now though there are occasions where I still bait offshore & also live bait but mostly plastics in bays & estuaries.

Cant beat bread & butter fishing :thumbup:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ScottJ77 said:

@kingie chaserBoom tish! Very apt! Not giving up the day job, just half days for a few weeks!😜 May improve the PB if I do

Good on you mate, got to have a sense of humour 👍

Fishing is like the old Forest Gump line, you never know what your ganna get & that's the addictive part of it.

Im up to 80cm flathead on SP but I want that metre fish, just got to put yourself in the right spot & keep 'flickin' :thumbup:

On 3/2/2019 at 1:12 PM, kingie chaser said:

Fishing is like the old Forest Gump line, you never know what your ganna get & that's the addictive part of it.

Exactly right @kingie chaser

Returned to the scene of the crime this morning and hooked up a rat on the same outfit (even the actual SP). Awesome 15 minutes on the 1-3kg and 6lb. 

Went roughly 52cm. Will post pics later. 

Edited by ScottJ77
Spelling mistake