Bass Redemption

4 am start and headed to lake lyell to redeem myself after multiple trips without a bass. 

The plan was the same as previous trips to fish over and around the weedbeds. I arrived and had the boat on the water before first light. 

Between 6 and 7am 4 fish were boated. All came close to timber amongst the weed on a shallow diving crank bait. 

91929F5D-0AF1-445C-AD9E-C48259C76C5F.thumb.jpeg.b9b2436e7d6dbbe91e3b179ee5d48ed0.jpeg

Things went quiet on the bass front as the sun rose higher and the redfin came out to play. 

Fishing a 2 inch fisharrow flash j shad on a 1/4 ounce jig head I fished deeper weedbeds and managed one more bass around 10:30am. 

30AF9FDA-EE25-4853-9DB7-69731E8DB3EB.thumb.jpeg.c47ed7329e3638fd3c62a80fb94539ea.jpeg

From then till I went home it was all redfin. Massive schools were found in almost every spot I stopped. Kept me entertained and plenty of yummy fillets for dinner. 

Cheers, Trav

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Rah said:

Top stuff mate. Well done on the bass. 

Thanks mate.

3 hours ago, frankS said:

Some nice bass there. never fished Lyall and one place that is on my list to must do. Redfin are good on the plate and when they are in good numbers you can quickly get a good feed.

Frank

Yeah it's a good dam well worth making the effort.

27 minutes ago, Scratchie said:

Nice work Trav! I love bass fishing! Haven’t done it for a while but often think about going! Just hard to drag myself away from the ocean! 

Cheers scratchie!!! 

Cheers Scratchie, I think I'd have the same problem if I lived where you do!

5 hours ago, 61 crusher said:

Great report & a hot little session with some nice bass & a feed to finish up. My one & only bass I’ve caught came out of there in the middle of winter trolling for trout & was the only fish for the day

Thanks mate yeah it was a very rewarding day cracking a bit of a pattern. Keen to get back and try again.