Hi im thinking to buy a reel for brim and flathead around the harbour also i want to do a little kingy bashing aswell do you think the daiwa sol 3 is right for me or what reel should i go for my budget is $400

two very different jobs, kings vs bream- how are you planning on fishing ie what method

When i say kings i mean little rats in the harbour nothing big and i want a reel that has the strength to pull a just legal size kingy but also for fish around the harbour 

ok so lure flicking, in clear water , cant beat Stradic for my mind for your budget- I am a Shimano bloke, ive had very poor after service from Daiwa in the past so I steer clear. Hooked a 30kg black marlin on a 300oStradic last year at Coffs and that reel went fine, I had the drag done up close to lock through most of the 30 minutes so the drag cooked off but the rest of the reeel easily dealt with the situation (just needed new drag washers after)

5 hours ago, BallisticFisherman said:

When i say kings i mean little rats in the harbor nothing big and i want a reel that has the strength to pull a just legal size kings but also for fish around the harbor 

I don't know this model you refer to, as I don't think its yet available in South Africa. I would however recommend the BG series of Daiwa. Its not only a very good strong model, but it made a huge name in my country. It may also be cheaper than the model you currently consider. 

Hi,

Listen to Paddy T. A lot of guys have been burnt by Daiwa. Some of their reels are ok, BUT if you need a service, lookout.

Cheers.